- "May darkness take you, for when I'm done, the Light will not recognize you."— Radak Doombringer
Notes and trivia
- Shadow Bolt is sometimes misspelled Shadowbolt by Blizzard.
- Shadowmages and Necromancers can both harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy. This would be one of the overlapping abilities shared with warlocks.
- Shadow Bolt is a basic Warlock spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "It’s a Bolt. Its made out of Shadow. What more do you need to know!"
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-01-17): "Shadow Bolt damage increased by 42%."
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Shadowbolt damage increased by 10%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available only to Demonology and generates 1 Soul Shard. Damage reduced by 15%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 25% less damage.
- Hotfix (2014-12-15): "Shadow Bolt's damage has been increased by 25%."
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Shadow Bolt's damage has been reduced by 20%."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now deals 15% more damage.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Shadow Bolt has a new spell effect.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): When using Shadow Bolt while having and active, only Backlash will now be properly consumed.