- "May darkness take you, for when I'm done, the Light will not recognize you."— Radak Doombringer
Shadow Bolt is a level 1 warlock spell that deals direct damage to the target. It's the primary filler spell for both Affliction and Demonology warlocks, and Destruction warlocks until Level 14 when it is replaced by . For Demonology warlocks, Shadow Bolt generates a Soul Shard each time it is cast.
- (PvP Talent)
- Sacrificed Souls
Notes and trivia
- Shadow Bolt is sometimes misspelled Shadowbolt by Blizzard.
- Shadowmages and Necromancers can both harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy. This would be one of the overlapping abilities shared with warlocks.
- Shadow Bolt is a basic Warlock spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "It’s a Bolt. Its made out of Shadow. What more do you need to know!"
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Now available again to Affliction warlocks. New visual spell effect.
- Hotfix (2017-01-17): "Shadow Bolt damage increased by 42%."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): No longer exclusive to Demonology. Now available to Destruction until Level 14.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Shadowbolt damage increased by 10%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now exclusive to Demonology and generates 1 Soul Shard. Damage reduced by 15%. Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 2.5 seconds.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 25% less damage.
- Hotfix (2014-12-15): "Shadow Bolt's damage has been increased by 25%."
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Shadow Bolt's damage has been reduced by 20%."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now deals 15% more damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Cast time reduced to 2.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds. Now replaced by for Affliction and for Destruction.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Shadow Bolt has a new visual spell effect.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): When using Shadow Bolt while having and active, only Backlash will now be properly consumed.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Shadow Bolt animation updated.