Shadow Dance is a level 36 Subtlety rogue ability. It is unique as a rogue ability in that it adds the ability to the rogue's Stance Bar, allowing configuration of the ability on a separate action bar. It has 3 charges with a 1 minute recharge time.
Tips and tactics
A very effective tactic is to build up 5 combo points and full energy, Shadow Dance, and repeatedly. This effectively makes Shadow Dance an extremely powerful ability which can also leave the user with 5 more combo points. In PvP situations, can be used immediately after Shadow Dancing to make easier.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13):
- Shadow Dance now has 2 charges (was 3), and is no longer on the global cooldown.
- Shadow Dance’s base duration increased to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Hotfix (2017-01-24): "Shadow Dance should no longer sometimes consume a charge but fail to trigger."
- Hotfix (2016-09-28): "Shadow Dance should now be useable and should not be cancelled when the Rogue is affected by an enemy Hunter's Flare."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer reduces energy cost of Ambush while active. Duration reduced from 8 seconds to 3 seconds, but has 3 charges.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now applies to all abilities that require stealth. Reduces Energy cost of Ambush by 20 while active.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Cooldown reduced to 1 minute. Now lasts 6 seconds, down from 10 seconds.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Issues with action bars and ability use arising from using Stealth while Shadow Dance is active have been fixed.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now opens a new action bar when used.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): The cooldowns on , , , , , Pickpocket, and are no longer increased while this ability is activated.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.