Shadow Power (priest)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- Shadow Power
- Spell damage increased by 15%.
Increases the critical damage of your Shadow spells by 100%.
Shadow Power was one of the priest Shadow Specialization bonuses. It increased the damage of all the priest's spells by 15%, and the critical strike damage bonus of all the priest's Shadow spells by 100%. So for Shadow priests, offensive Shadow spells would crit for 100% extra damage, compared to the 50% extra damage that a critical hit would grant if the same spell was cast by a Holy or Discipline priest.
To sum up:
- A Holy or Discipline priest casts a Shadow spell that deals 100 damage and crits for 150 damage.
- The same spell cast by a Shadow Priest would deal 115 damage and crit for 230 damage.
So this passive bonus provided a considerable boost to damage output just for selecting the Shadow tree.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Redesigned. Now increases spell damage by 15% and Shadow spell crit damage by 100%.