Shadowflame (spell school)
- For the warlock ability, see .
- "See how the shadowflame animates their bones! They fight at my command!"
Shadowflame refers to a type of magic wielded by warlocks. It is a multi-school, combining the Fire and Shadow schools. Multi-school abilities benefit from bonuses that affect any of their schools, use the lowest resistance value among their schools, ignore absorption and immunity effects that apply to only some of their schools, and can be used even when one or more of their schools have been locked with an interrupt effect.
- Dave Kosak says shadowflame is likely fel magic infused with shadow.
- The tale of Vula'jin the Void speaks of how he regrew almost his entire body after standing in a pool of shadowflame.
- Warlords of Draenor introduced shadowflame demons.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): added. re-added and now deals Shadowflame damage.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): and removed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): added. now deals Shadowflame damage. once again deals Shadow damage. removed.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): now deals Shadowflame damage.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added, with the introduction of .