- "I draw deep from the shadows to slake my thirst for power. I'm never thirsty for long."
- The character looks translucent black while in Shadowform.
- The Shadowform buff does affect Shadow spells from the Discipline tree and Shadow-elemental wands.
- Normally a priest who uses this spell is considered a Shadow Priest.
- The form will extend to the equipment you wear. Some players dislike this as hard-fought for armor are simply shadow unless the ability is turned off. can be chosen to reduce your translucency when in Shadowform.
Appearance-altering actions that take place while in Shadowform (such as being poisoned or diseased) will alter the character's appearance until Shadowform is dropped and reassumed.
- Shadowform is an epic Priest spell in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, where it changes the standard Hero Power to deal damage in the form of rather than healing in the form of . Using Shadowform a second time transforms Mind Spike into "Mind Shatter", which deals an extra point of damage. The flavor text reads: "If a bright light shines on a priest in Shadowform… do they cast a shadow?"
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Shadowform reduces physical damage taken by 20% in PvP situations (was 10%)."
- Hotfix (2016-12-06): "You can now activate and deactivate Shadowform while mounted."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Returned as a new spell for Shadow Priests:
- Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage dealt by 10%, and reducing your Physical damage taken by 10%.
- You may not cast any Holy spells while in this form.
- The shadowy visual is now tied to Shadowform.
- now acts to intensify Shadowform. It automatically triggers Shadowform if not already active, and you gain the effects of both.
- When Voidform ends, you return to Shadowform.
- The damage of all Shadow Priest abilities has been reduced to compensate for this, resulting in no net gain or loss of damage.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2015-06-23): "Fixed an issue that could cause Shadow Priests to be unable to shift out of the Shadowform visual effect."
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): No longer applies its visual effect to the priest's mount.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer allows any healing spells to be cast but also no longer has a restriction on casting other Holy spells. is now a separate passive.
- Hotfix (2014-01-08): "Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 100% (up from 60%)."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now increases the Priest's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%. Now incorporates the effect of .
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now increases the Priest's Shadow damage by 25% (was 20%).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Bonus to shadow damage done increased from 15% to 20%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer reduces threat by 30%. Also, can no longer be cast in Shadowform.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This talent also now causes Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now reduces all damage taken by 15%, not just physical damage. Bonus damage from critical strike chance removed and replaced by the ability of those periodic damage spells to generate critical strikes.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): and can now be cast while in Shadowform.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): You can now shift into Shadowform while mounted or sitting.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Switching to Shadowform no longer cancels Holy buffs on a priest.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Changed so all spells except Holy can be cast rather than only Shadow and Discipline spells. Tooltip updated. This fixes several bugs that prevented various actions (creating tradeskill items, mining, summoning a mount, using a hearthstone and many more).
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Priests can now use scrolls and the while in Shadowform.