Tips and tactics
- Shadowfury is useful for kiting.
- Shadowfury's short cooldown allows it to be used frequently, either to interrupt critical casts, or simply to reduce incoming damage and escape attackers. By using Shadowfury on cooldown, it is possible to keep opponents stunned 15% of the time.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19):
- Stun duration increased to 4 sec, from 3 sec.
- Now a Demonology and Destruction talent.
- Now has a 1.5 second cast time.
Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all specializations as a talent. Damage and mana cost removed. Cooldown increased from 20 to 30 sec. New icon.
Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now a Tier 5 talent, down from Tier 9. Now deals 615 to 733 Shadow damage, down from 968 to 1152.
Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Can now be cast while moving. Stun duration increased to 3 seconds, up from 2.
Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Now properly benefits from the Intensity talent.
Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Cooldown reduced to 20 sec, from 1 min.
Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.