- Not to be confused with Shadowmoon Technician (Vault of the Wardens).
|Level||61 - 62 Elite|
They drop at an approximate 10% drop rate, for the Alliance and Horde quest: The Blood is Life.
Technicians periodically set these devices while in combat; each takes a few seconds to arm itself (which can be seen as an emote in the chat window), after which stepping on one will cause it to explode for 1800 fire damage (small AOE). This can be quite dangerous to the party, especially since the mines tend to be clustered near each other. Strategies:
- Don't step on them. (Sometimes that's unavoidable, so...)
- A Rogue can use to deactivate a mine.
- A Hunter can use and send his pet ahead to trigger mines and soak the damage from them. (Works best if the pet has high stamina and/or fire resistance.)
- Similarly, a Warlock can use to clear mines ahead of the party.
Longer silence. Proximity Mines no longer show an emote when dropped.
15 Honor Hold Rep
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.