- For the tablet, see Shadra (object).
The Venom Queen,|
the Silk Dancer,
Mother of Venom
God of Spiders
Mistress of Spies
She is represented on Azeroth through her high priest, a position that was held by High Priestess Mar'li for the Gurubashi until her death on the Isle of Thunder, and by Yazma for the Zandalari. Her worshipers consist of the Witherbark and Vilebranch trolls in the Hinterlands, the Sandfury trolls in Zul'Farrak, the Gurubashi trolls in Zul'Gurub, and the Zandalari. The trolls use her venom as a powerful poison for their weapons. She is summoned by using the at her altars in Shadra'Alor.
The Witherbark tribe worships Shadra, and one time collected her most potent venom from her. The Forsaken, wanting her venom, wished to summon her. To summon her, it was required to know her true name: Elortha no Shadra. After Shadra was summoned and killed, her venom was sent to the Undercity.
At Jintha'alor after the Cataclysm, the Vilebranch tribe drank Shadra's blood and performed mass sacrifices in her name. The Wildhammer wanted to kill her in advance before she could be directed to them, while the Forsaken once more wanted Shadra's venom for their apothecaries. At Shadra'Alor, she was once more summoned and killed.
Shortly after the events of Landfall, Shadra communicated with Vol'jin — betrayed by Garrosh Hellscream — through visions. According to Khal'ak in the distant past a few Zandalari turned away from her worship to the powers of Mogu, which displeased the Mother of Venom. Following the Zandalari's defeat at the Shado-pan Monastery effort Bwonsamdi remarked that the silk dance would rejoice at the web Vol'jin weaved and would be a bit beholden to him due her Zandalari failing.
Shadra was summoned by the Sandfury tribe at Zul'Farrak so they could sacrifice their prisoners - Aramar Thorne, Makasa Flintwill, Taryndrella, Hackle, and Murky - to her. But Taryndrella, dryad daughter of Cenarius, stopped her from doing so because as a child of nature there was no venom that could harm her, no spider that was not her friend, and death was as natural as life. Furthermore, Taryndrella stopped Shadra from going after her other companions. Shadra backed away and nodded her head out of respect — or perhaps out of fear.
During the Zandalari civil war, her own high priestess Yazma trapped Shadra in the Shrine of Shadra in Zuldazar and feasted on her blood. Yazma thus consumed Shadra's might in the name of Zul, killing Shadra in the process, and transforming herself into a spider-like troll being. Wardruid Loti compared this to what happened to the loa in Zul'Drak.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
Tales of the Loa
In de shadows, Shadra lurks.
Finding secrets as she works.
Webs she weaves 'round those in power,
Dark of night her waking hour.
Ya seek us out with ill intent?
Den writhe to poison most potent!
Her eyes are everywhere, dey see all.
Dey hear ya words, where dey can crawl.
What ya know, she knows as well,
Keeper of secrets she'll never tell.
Powerful strings she pulls in time of need,
With advice and warnings ya better heed.
Should her faith in us be lost,
Her good will falls, at terrible cost.
Betray her and ya soon will find,
Her venom is strong and most unkind.
If to Zandalar you stay true,
The danger will never come near you.
- Web — Casts a web over an enemy, immobilizing it for 10 sec.
- Poison — Inflicts Nature damage to an enemy every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
- Slowing Poison — Increases the time between an enemy's attacks and slows their movement for 10 sec.
- Yazma told Shadra to "die forever", however, it has been confirmed that loa can return.
- She is likely responsible for keeping wyvern's stingers rich in poison.
- She has either a high respect or a strong fear of dryads.
- There are also Eyes of Shadra, Shadraspawn Venomspitters, Shadraspawn Lurkers, Spawns of Shadra, and Shadric Crawlers.
- Two organizations are named after her - the Atal'Shadra and the Shadra'Zan.
- Shadra'zaar was an area in Zul'Gurub.
- Since one of Shadra's titles on the Tablet of Theka is "Death's Love", she may be considered the consort of Mueh'zala in Farraki mythology.
- Several spiders like Shadril and Shanda the Spinner carry similar names to Shadra, suggesting that she may have a link to them.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Model updated.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 55 to 35. Model updated.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Size has been reduced to that of a normal spider.
- ^ Tablet of Theka
- ^ a b
- ^ a b The Lost Codex 2018-11-03. Blizzcon 2018 Interview: Alex Afrasiabi & Patrick Dawson - Story and Systems | The Lost Codex. YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-11-03.
- ^ Tablet in the Dazar'alor
- ^ Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde
- ^ Traveler: The Spiral Path, pg. 332 - 333
- ^ Shadows Rising
- ^ Traveler: The Spiral Path, pg. 104
- ^ Traveler: The Spiral Path, pg. 332