The Venom Queen,|
the Silk Dancer,
Mother of Venom
God of Spiders
She is represented on Azeroth through a champion of her choosing, a position that was held by until her death on the Isle of Thunder. Her worshipers consist of the Witherbark and Vilebranch trolls in the Hinterlands, the Sandfury trolls in Zul'Farrak, the Gurubashi trolls in Zul'Gurub, and the Zandalari. The trolls use her venom as a powerful poison for their weapons. She is summoned by using the at her altars in Shadra'Alor.
The Witherbark tribe worships Shadra, and from her once collected her most potent venom. The Forsaken, wanting her venom, wished to summon her. To summon her, it was required to know her true name: Elortha no Shadra. After Shadra was summoned and killed, her venom was sent to Undercity.
At Jintha'alor after the Cataclysm, the Vilebranch tribe drank Shadra's blood and performed mass sacrifice in her name. The Wildhammer wanted to kill her in advance before she could be directed to them, while the Forsaken once more wanted Shadra's venom for their apothecaries. At Shadra'Alor, she was once more summoned and killed.
Shortly after the events of Landfall, Shadra communicated with , betrayed by , through visions. According to in the distant past a few Zandalari turned away from her worship to the powers of Mogu, which has the Mother of Venom not be entirely pleased with the Zandalari renewing their ties with the Mogu. Following the Zandalari's defeat at the Shado-pan Monastery effort remarked that the silk dance would rejoice at the web Vol'jin weaved and would be a bit beholden to him due her Zandalari failing.
Shadra was summoned by the Sandfury tribe at Zul'Farrak so they could sacrifice their prisoners - , , , , and Murky - to her. But Taryndrella, dryad daughter of , stopped her from doing so because as a child of nature there was no venom that could harm her, no spider that was not her friend, and death was as natural as life. Furthermore, Taryndrella stopped Shadra from going after her other companions. Shadra backed away and nodded her head out of respect--or perhaps out of fear.
Shadra's might would later be consumed by , a Zandalari priestess and lieutenant to the Prophet .
- Web — Casts a web over an enemy, immobilizing it for 10 sec.
- Poison — Inflicts Nature damage to an enemy every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
- Slowing Poison — Increases the time between an enemy's attacks and slows their movement for 10 sec.
- She is likely responsible for keeping wyvern's stingers rich in poison.
- She has either a high respect or a strong fear of dryads.
- Practitioners of alchemy among the Zandalari kept a tight society within the empire known as the "Shadra'Zan". Entrance into the guild included a ritual which would require the inductee to imbibe a potion made from their own blood. Should they withstand the effects, they were deemed worthy to learn the secrets kept within.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 55 to 35. Model updated.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Size has been reduced to that of a normal spider.