Nightborne primer (official translations)
- Erana-dora isil = A thousand thanks upon you.
- Quel'vala thonos = Nobility through tradition.
- Ru-shanna/Ru shanna shal'dorei = The nightborne will survive.
- Tal'ashar = An honor duel.
Untranslated Nightborne phrases
- An'anora = Said by when casting a frost trap on her sibling.
- An'ratha an'tal-thandros = Said by when casting a spell in The Drift.
- Anath'ashar = Said by Nightborne mobs when attacking.
- Arash-falas = Unknown.
- Ash'tureth denil = Unknown.
- Ishnal Toreth = Unknown.
- Kal'thoras Maldiv = Unknown.
- N'eth ana = Said by when casting a time-stopping spell in his workshop.
- Nar'thalas vas manari, thala nar'valas = Said by Thalyssra during a spell to create an empathic bond with , weaving their arcane essences together, to project his memories as visions.
- Nor'bethos Suramar = Unknown.
- Shal'asan torah = Said by as a greeting.
- Shanar daloras = Thalyssra's exclamation as she discovers the at the base of the Nightwell.
- Tanu'balah = Unknown.
- Tor'theras Falar = Said by Nightborne mobs upon death.
- Something originating from Suramar is called "Suramari".
- Though the Shalassian word is unknown, Nightborne do use the term "honored teacher" like the night elves.
- The clickable inscriptions on the monuments in Tel'anor end with "Anu Dorah. We Remember."
- During Legion, the language was unnamed and was only internally referred to as "Shalassian". Battle for Azeroth officialized the name of the language for the playable nightborne.
- Many nightborne have French-sounding names, such as , and . is an even more interesting example, considering her name is formed from "Lune" and "Astre" which respectively mean "Moon" and "Celestial body" in French.