- For the tavern, see Shark (tavern).
Medium - Colossal Animal (Aquatic)
|Sources: World of Warcraft|
Sharks have no true bones, only cartilage. Because their feeding habits involve biting things with a great deal of force, losing teeth is common. Therefore, sharks have multiple rows of teeth which they replace constantly throughout their lifetimes. After birth, newborn sharks quickly flee their hungry mothers. Their early independence makes them dangerous, even while young.
There exists many types of sharks, but due to the limited models created, all them tend to look alike except for the new models created for the Cataclysm expansion.
- Bluewater shark
- Basking shark
- Blue shark
- Coral shark
- Cove shark
- Daggertooth shark
- Giant remora
- Great white shark
- Hammerhead shark
- Reef shark
- Mako shark
- Sand shark
- Thresher shark
- Whale shark
- Epicus Maximus <Destructobyte's Ultimate Replica>
- Ol' Gummers
- Segacedi <Sewer Shark>
- Tu'u'gwar <"He Who Plays With Food">
- Gral, the shark loa
As a companion pet
- A pet was available during the WotLK beta, but it never made it to the live release of the expansion.
- The became available with the release of Warlords of Draenor. It is available for 50 from Nat Pagle at the Garrison Fishing Shack.
- is a reward from the naval mission Orphaned Aquatic Animal Rescue.
In the RPG
These carnivorous fish are aggressive and liable to make unprovoked attacks against anything that approaches them. Smaller sharks are from five to eight feet long and not usually dangerous to creatures other than their prey. Large sharks can reach around fifteen feet in length and are a serious threat. Huge sharks are true monsters, like great whites, that can exceed twenty feet in length.
Sharks circle and observe potential prey, then dart in and bite with their powerful jaws. A shark can locate creatures underwater within a thirty-foot radius. This ability works only when the shark is underwater. A shark can notice creatures by scent in a 180-foot radius and detect blood in the water at ranges of up to a mile.
Notes and trivia
- Sharks, like all truly marine beasts, cannot be tamed by hunters.
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm introduced several new models for sharks.
- Shoreline Tidespeakers are murlocs who are dressed in costumes with shark fins on their back.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Generic shark model updated.