Shattered Hand clan (alternate universe)
- For the clan from the main universe, see Shattered Hand clan.
|Other major settlements|
|Base of operations|
|Theater of operations|
The Shattered Hand clan, sometimes called the Bladefist clan, is an orc clan led by the twisted Kargath Bladefist and makes their home among the Spires of Arak and Talador. Following the symbolic severing of one's hand from the chains binding him in order to earn freedom, as Kargath himself desperately demonstrated while he was chained under the Highmaul arena, these former slaves have been drawn together through a macabre joy of pain both self-inflicted and imposed upon others. It is through this pain that they believe they gather strength, and their reputation as relentless and dirty fighters is well-earned.
The Shattered Hand clan is made up of orcs who can call no other clan home. They are sadistic warriors who maim their bodies, perhaps in a show of solidarity or perhaps because they simply enjoy the pain.
These orcs were raised as slaves by the ogres of Gorian Empire. They were imprisoned and held beneath Highmaul for many years. Striving for their own freedom, they became gladiators fighting in the Highmaul arena. The price to earn their freedom was to take one hundred orcish lives while fighting in the arena. Among them, Kargath fought in the arena for his freedom. Having won every battle against his opponents, Kargath marched out of Highmaul, only to discover the promise of freedom to be a lie. Kargath was thrown in a dungeon beneath the arena, and desperately severed his hand, which was bound by shackles, in frustration and rage. The other orc slaves, seeing his resolve, followed in his footsteps and did the same. They followed Kargath in his uprising against the ogres and helped him slay the emperor. Kargath showed the severed head of the emperor to his followers, and they raised their severed hands, armed with blades, cheering at him. This moment marked the birth of the Shattered Hand clan.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Please add any available information to this section.
The Shattered Hand was one of the clans that responded to the call of the Iron Horde. While the previously claimed no specific territories, they were able to firmly establish themselves within the swampy Spires of Arak under their new alliance. Several members of the clan, including Kargath Bladefist himself, assisted in the defense of the Dark Portal in Tanaan Jungle. Later, the clan was assaulted by the Alliance, Horde, and Arakkoa Outcasts. An avatar of Terokk himself attempted to defeat Kargath, but failed. Kargath was confronted once again in Highmaul, where he returned to gladiatorial combat of his own will, holding some authority over the ogres that once enslaved him. It was here where Kargath met his death, where he was once imprisoned.
It is assumed they are recovering with the rest of Draenor after Archimonde's fall.
|Kargath Bladefist||Leader||Killable||Bladefist Hold, Spires of Arak, later Highmaul|
|Bagdoth Goredrinker||Killable||Bladefist Hold, Spires of Arak|
|Val'dune Fleshcrafter||Killable||Bladefist Hold, Spires of Arak|
|Taskmaster Banegore||Killable||Writhing Mire, Spires of Arak|
|Durkath Steelmaw||Killable||Camp Thornscar, Spires of Arak|
|Malrok Thornscar||Assassin||Killable||Veil Akraz, Spires of Arak|
|Gardul Venomshiv||Master Assassin||Killable||Shattered Rise, Spires of Arak|
|Poisonmaster Bortusk||Poisonmaster||Killable||Shattered Rise, Spires of Arak|
|Gor'thul||Blood Mage||Killable||Bloodmane Pridelands, Spires of Arak|
|Blaak the Painmaker||Deceased||Bladefist Hold, Spires of Arak|
- Shattered Hand Blood-Twister
- Iron Blood Mage
- Shattered Hand Sadist
- Shattered Hand Blood-Singer
- Shattered Hand Brawler
- Shattered Hand Grunt
- Shattered Hand Cleaver
- Shattered Hand Flayer
- The Shattered Hand celebrate victory in battle with self-mutilation. Their most celebrated warriors are covered with scars and piercings, and it becomes increasingly difficult with age to tell which were inflicted by enemies or by the triumphant orc.
- Taking their namesake literally, warriors of the Shattered Hand clan will ritualistically smash their own hand before cutting it off. The stump is cauterized and replaced with one of many varities of weaponry.
- During the World of Warcraft: Legion alpha, an orc called The Hood and with the title <Leader of the Shattered Hand> was part of The Uncrowned.
The Shattered Hand orcs all have a very pale, almost white skin tone:
- It is possible that this skintone is a result of them living and working underground in the ogre mines for most of their lives.
- This may also be a reference to the fact that the clan was depicted in white in Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.