|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Shattering Throw is a warrior ability that deals ranged damage or removes any invulnerabilities. It is learned through using .
Tips and tactics
- This ability is commonly used to remove a paladin's and a mage's . These spells generally cannot be removed; only Shattering Throw and a priest's glyphed can remove them.
- One of the few ranged attacks available to warriors, especially when rooted.
- With a 5-minute cooldown, this is often saved until its immunity removing effect is required. However, it can also be useful for its ranged damage.
- Shattering Throw first attempts to deal damage before removing any immunities. For this reason it is common to see 'Immune' messages when using this on immune targets, despite the ability correctly removing the target's immunity.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): No longer costs rage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Can now be used in any stance.
- Hotfix (2009-04-21): "Shattering Throw will no longer consume an extra 25 rage."