|Sources: Monster Guide Web Supplement, 18|
Sheep are woolly critters similar to a goat, but smaller than a cow. They are commonly found wandering in the pastoral areas of Elwynn Forest, Loch Modan, the Redridge Mountains, Hillsbrad Foothills and even a few in Alterac Mountains, Westfall, Gilneas and Howling Fjord. During the Second and Third Wars they were commonly seen in Lordaeron but most sheep in that area have apparently died. Not all sheep are what they seem.
Sheep are docile herbivores. Both black and white varieties exist, and they are prized for their wool. Some mages are infamous for polymorphing their opponents into sheep. Sheep flee rather than attack. Rumors of them exploding spontaneously are unsubstantiated.
- Black Lamb (critter)
- Docile Sheep (critter)
- Ewe (critter)
- Farm Sheep
- Wayward Lamb
- Woolly Sheep
As a companion
- is sold by the Argent Tournament vendor Corporal Arthur Flew <Stormwind Quartermaster> in Icecrown for 40 .
- Black Lambs can be captured in pet battles in Elwynn Forest.
Killing and skinning some sheep will yield .At one point, Sheep could be skinned, but they can no longer be skinned.
- Engineers are capable of making mechanical .
- Sheep are the only mobs in the unphased Ruins of Gilneas. Not even NPCs are there.
Sheep is sometimes used as a verb meaning "to transform into a sheep (via the spell)".
In Warcraft III, if a flying unit was polymorphed in lands where sheep were common, they became Flying Sheep. Likewise, if a waterborne creature was polymorphed, the unit could become two types of Aquatic Sheep.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Model updated.