Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- "My faith be my shield." —Mojo Mender Ja'nah
"Mine be dis huge metal thing, mon."—Indalamar
Shield Block is a level 18 Protection warrior defensive ability that blocks all attacks for 6 seconds, during which time deals 30% more damage. It has 2 charges with a 13 second recharge timer. It can only be used when the warrior has a shield equipped.
Notes and trivia
- This ability is not affected by the global cooldown.
- Shield Block is a basic Warrior spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Shields were invented because Face Block is USELESS."
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Shield Block can only be extended to a maximum of three times its base duration.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Now costs 15 Rage.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now increases damage done by by 30% while active.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now regenerates a new charge every 12 seconds (up from every 9 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Can now be used in any stance and cost 60 Rage, up from 10. Duration reduced from 10 to 6 sec, but blocks all attacks. Cooldown reduced from 1 min to 1.5 sec.
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): "A bug has been fixed where the Shield Block ability granted 25% more critical block chance than was intended for Protection warriors with very high total chance to avoid attacks."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): now only increases block chance by 25%, but excess block that pushes avoidance plus block to over 100% is now converted to critical block chance.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Moved to level 16.