- The pain from the blade is the least of your worries.
Shiv is an Assassination rogue honor talent, available at rank 43.
- Shiv is a basic Rogue spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Rogues are experts at SHIV-al-ry."
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): (Assassination) Now costs 35 Energy, and now applies Deadly, Wound, and Crippling Poison to the target.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Changed to an Assassination honor talent and redesigned. Stabs the target with the off-hand weapon, dealing weapon damage and applying a poison that causes any ability used to incur a 3 sec cooldown.
- Hotfix (2012-09-18): "Shiv no longer generates charges of Anticipation."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now as a 10 sec cooldown, causes 25% weapon damage, and applies a concentrated form of the current Non-Lethal poison (see individual Non-Lethal poison tooltips for details regarding the concentrated effects of each). No longer cost more energy if used with a slower weapon.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): will now apply properly when Shiv is the attack used to break a .
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This ability can no longer generate a critical strike, and the poisons it applies cannot be critical strikes either.