|Faction/Affiliation||Burning Legion, Illidari|
|Character classes||Priestess, Chaplain, Assassin, Warlock|
Sargeras (Burning Legion)|
Matron Mother Malevolence (Illidari)
Devout and exceedingly charismatic, these priestesses live only to evangelize the power of Sargeras' dread vision. They are the driving heart of the Burning Crusade and are thought to be three times as fanatical as the other demons. The most powerful shivarra are the Coven of Shivarra.
- Alizabal <Mistress of Hate>
- Avatar of Sathal
- Coven of Shivarra
- Dalliah the Doomsayer
- Ekkorash the Inquisitor
- Giselda the Crone
- Hathyss the Wicked
- Kaliva <Mistress of Chains>
- Lady Heretica
- Lady Shahrazad
- Lady Temptessa <The Hidden Blade>
- Matron Li-sahar
- Matron Mother Malevolence <Shivarra Captain>
- Mistress Apostriss
- Mistress Thavra
- Mother Shahraz
- Priestess Delrissa
- Priestess Than'darissa
- Prophetess Cavrylin
- Sikthiss, Maiden of Slaughter
- Subjugator Shi'aziv
- Subjugator Vaz'shir
- Subjugator Yalqiz
- Syrawon the Dominus
Notes and trivia
- As with harpies, there is no information on males of the species.
- Giselda the Crone (known on the alternate Draenor as Giselda the Beautiful), a female orc warlock, transforms into a shivarra, though in the alternate universe this happens against her will.
- "Shivan" was the original name of the shivarra. This is how they were called first in The Burning Crusade's feature cinematic, and how their database entries were called. The term shivarra has slowly replaced it though there are still instances of shivan being used occasionally.
- The shivarra are inspired in both form and name by a number of Hindu usually deities called the Devas. Devas tend to have multiple arms, though unlike the shivarra they are almost always good-aligned. The name "shivarra" is inspired from the god Shiva the Destroyer, one of the three most powerful Hindu gods. The personality and specific appearance of the shivarra was probably inspired by Shiva's consorts Durga and Kali, a form of Shiva's consort Parvati.
- Grandmaster Vole refers to Mistress Dyrax as a sayaad. It is unknown if this is an error (due to Dyrax having been a succubus in the beta) or if this could mean that shivarra and succubus are related.
A shivarra under attack by Telagos.
- Fan art
Lightforged shivarra by Ann Marie Cochran.