- For the warlock minion, see Shivarra (warlock minion).
The shivarra, or shivan, are a 6-armed female mystical demonic species living in Outland, averaging at roughly twenty to thirty feet tall. Currently, not much is known about these dangerous demons except the small excerpt of information stored on the Exodar Holographic Emitter in the Exodar.
Devout and exceedingly charismatic, these priestesses live only to evangelize the power of Sargeras' dread vision. They are the driving heart of the Burning Crusade and are thought to be three times as fanatical as the other demons.
Notes & trivia
- The shivarra are inspired in both form and name by a number of Hindu usually deities called the Devas. Devas tend to have multiple arms, though unlike the shivarra they are almost always good-aligned. The name "shivarra" is inspired from the goddess Shiva the Destroyer, one of the three most powerful Hindu gods. The personality and specific appearance of the shivarra was probably inspired by Durga and Kali, forms of Shiva's consort, Devi.
- As with harpies, there is no information on males of the species.
- Giselda the Crone (known on the alternate Draenor as Giselda the Beautiful), a female orc warlock, transforms into a shivarra, though in the alternate universe this happens against her will.
- "Shivan" was the original name of the shivarra. This is how they were called first in The Burning Crusade's feature cinematic, and how their database entries were called. The term shivarra has slowly replaced it though there are still instances of shivan being used occasionally.