Rank 2 is learned at level 44, causing Shred to dealing 20% more damage against bleeding targets.
- You do not have to be in to use Shred.
- You will also want to have a or applied to your target before using Shred as well, as it will significantly improve damage.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now available at level 10 (was 3).
- Hotfix (2016-10-26): "Fixed a bug where Shred could sometimes fail to deal damage or generate combo points."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available only to Feral. No longer reduces the target's movement speed.
- Hotfix (2015-03-11): "Shred now deals 20% more damage while stealthed (down from 35%)."
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage increased by 12%."
- Hotfix (2014-10-16): "Shred should now properly apply its damage bonus when attacking while stealthed."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now available for all druid specializations. No longer has behind enemy position requirement. Now deals 400% damage. now incorporated in Shred for Feral druids.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Feral specialization ability. Weapon damage reduced from 540% to 500%. Now deals 20% additional damage against bleeding targets.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now deals 450% damage plus 1487, up from 350% plus 1156.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Ranks 8 and 9 base points reduced by about 10%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19): Now properly increases the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage increased. Energy cost reduced if Shred fails.