||This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
- This may include editing to correct spelling and grammar, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and wikifying.
Goblin shredders (or simply shredders) are goblin inventions designed to harvest lumber often replacing lumberjacks.
Goblin shredders were notably used in the Third War and Ashenvale war.
The Super Reaper 6000, seen in Stonetalon Mountains and around Venture Bay, may be an upgrade of the shredder.
As a mount
As a companion pet
- Main article: Sky-Bo
[Sky-Bo] has a chance to drop from [Blingtron 4000 Gift Package] and [Blingtron 5000 Gift Package].
- Looking into the cockpit of a shredder, one can see an image depicting an infested Sarah Kerrigan (from the StarCraft series) on the screen.
- The new shredder model first introduced in with the [Sky Golem] features a similar easter egg, but with a picture of Kerrigan from StarCraft II rather than the original StarCraft.
- Siegecrafter Blackfuse's special shredder instead features an image of Garrosh Hellscream in the cockpit.
- Footbomb is a goblin sport in which the players sit in shredders and kick bombs at one another.
- Shredders were originally planned to appear in Wintergrasp, acting as anti-air weapons.
In Warcraft III
- Main article: Goblin Shredder (Warcraft III)
In the RPG
This section contains information from the Warcraft RPG which is considered non-canon.
The shredder is an impressive goblin mechanical creature which is usually piloted by a goblin. Shredders are used for lumbering, but they can serve in war because of the solid metal construction of the machine and the great saws they wield. The first machine designed to mimic the humanoid form, goblin shredders use the steamsaws attached to their arms to cut down lumber at an incredible rate that is unmatched by peasant work crews. It moves at 10 miles per hour and has a crew of 1 usually designed for goblin-sized creatures, though larger version have been built).
This invention allows a single goblin to do as much harvesting as ten field hands.
Another goblin invention, called a "mechanical planter", does the opposite of the shredder; it plants new trees.