Shrine of the Fallen Warrior
The Shrine of the Fallen Warrior is located on a small hill in the Barrens southwest of the Crossroads. To reach it, player must follow a ridge to the southeast and half-way up the hill will find the base of a mound. The short trail will lead directly to the shrine.
The Shrine of the Fallen Warrior is a memorial to Michel Koiter, a Blizzard employee who died during the development of World of Warcraft. The base of the stone obelisk is engraved with the initials "MK" and the orc is an exact copy of Koiter's beta character: "twincruiser".
"Shrine of the Fallen Warrior in World of WarCraft" by René Koiter
- Where once a hero set foot on his native soil a monument has risen
- Where now part of his essence resides a mystical boon will be given
- Upon the monument the runic initials MK have been engraved
- To honor all the journeys and battles the fallen one has braved
- A hero's enduring spirit transcends many worlds beyond our own
- Only those with steadfast dedication find a bond with this unknown
- Travel the continents and scour the lands for the shrine standing tall
- For in the presence of the monolith the warrior will be with you all.