Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Occupation||Leader of the Darkmoon Faire|
- “We may dress differently... or seem odd... but we're really just like everyone else. We value the same things you do... money, happiness, family... Yes, we're a family. We're a family that, like every other rube family out there, takes care of our own. We just do it our own way.”
- — Silas to Cedrick Fallrook, shortly before locking him inside a coffin and burying Cedrick alive.
Silas Darkmoon is the founder and leader of the Darkmoon Faire, an exotic bunch of wandering showmen, who together celebrate the wondrous and mysterious idiosyncrasies found in Azeroth. Previously operating in Mulgore and Elwynn Forest, his Faire has since the time of Deathwing's fall moved to Darkmoon Island.
Legends: Blood Runs Thicker
At some point Silas and his crew visited Southshore for performance.
When Kerri Hicks was wrongfully accused by Cedrick Fallrook of his brother Erik Fallrook's murder, Silas and the rest of the Darkmoon Faire worked together to prove her innocence. When it became impossible for them to do so in time to prevent Kerri's execution, they opted instead for breaking her out of jail. Though successful, they were caught before they could escape. Luckily, it was revealed that Yebb Neblegear had found a witness that proved Kerri's innocence, and Kerri and the rest of the Darkmoon Faire were free to go.
Later on, Silas and the rest of the Faire would abduct the murderer Cedrick from his home after he had been banished by his father, enforcing their own brand of justice by stuffing Cedrick inside his brother's coffin and burying him alive. Silas would not stand for violence, but nor would he forgive slights against his "family of freaks".
Step right up! Step right up! Greetings my friend. I'm Silas Darkmoon and I want to welcome you to the greatest show on Azeroth! It's the Darkmoon Faire friend, and it's your lucky day! Sparing no expense, we've gathered wonders and treats from around the world for your delight. Whether you're young or old, rich or poor, the Darkmoon Faire has it all!
Amaze at the wonders that the Darkmoon Faire has uncovered in this vast and mysterious world! We have spared no expense in bringing you excitement that children of all ages will delight in!
We have it all... delicious food, strong drink, exotic artifacts, fortunes read, amazing prizes and excitement without end!
And, don't forget to turn in your Darkmoon Faire Prize Tickets! All it takes is five or more and you're on your way to the most wondrous prizes on all of Azeroth. Everybody is a winner! (from http://www.worldofwarcraft.com)
"Greetings, my friend…I want to welcome you to the greatest show on Azeroth!" 
- Greetings friends, and welcome to the greatest show on Azeroth!
- Please, step right up and take in all we have to offer. Ride the rides and see the sights! Amaze at the wonders that the Darkmoon Faire has uncovered in this vast and mysterious world! We have spared no expense in bringing you excitement that children of all ages will delight in!
- Welcome one and all to the greatest show on all of Azeroth... the Darkmoon Faire! Adventure and excitement await, don't be shy! Mysteries and prizes for both the young and the old are here for the taking. And be sure to speak with the professor about any Darkmoon Cards that you have come across during your travels!
- We're back and better than ever! It's the Darkmoon Faire friend, and it's your lucky day! Sparing no expense, we've gathered wonders and treats from around the world for your delight. Whether you're young or old, rich or poor, the Darkmoon Faire has it all! Be sure to turn in your Darkmoon Faire Prize Tickets to Gelvas Grimegate, and choose from several exotic and wondrous prizes!
Notes and trivia
- He is a seller on the Black Market Auction House.
- Some of the carnies hired by Silas died in unexplained fashions in the wilderness of the isle. Most notable are the goblin Kupp Coincare whose debt he paid, jungle troll Zazla whom he rescued from an execution and the human Brendon Paulson whom he took as a kid from Strom (likely meant to be Stromgarde.)
- May have invented - or at least helped invent - Silas' Sphere of Transformation
- Silas is the only NPC in the game to have an actual paragraph break in a single speech bubble.
Silas Darkmoon may be a reference to Samson from the television series Carnivàle, played by Michael J. Anderson. Both characters are leaders of traveling carnivals, both dress similar and use a walking stick/cane, and both have similar stature. (Anderson has Osteogenesis Imperfecta, which made him very short.)
Silas, as he appeared prior to Warlords of Draenor.
Silas, as he appeared unmounted prior to patch 7.3.0.
Silas and Burth.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Now rides a (undocumented).
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Relocated to Darkmoon Island.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Can now appear outside of Shattrath.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Added.