|Level: 40 - 60; 110|
Battle Pet Level: 16 - 17
Contested territory (PvP realms only)
- “Silithus has ever been a magnet for ancient, malevolent powers. I could open a timeway to reveal how the Black Empire once sprawled across these sands. Or show you wars waged between mighty armies.
So much history. So much pain.”
Silithus forms the southwestern corner of Kalimdor. It can only be reached on foot by traveling to the northwestern corner of Un'Goro Crater, where a wide path extends out of the crater and into Silithus.
Silithus is one of the insect infested sections of southern Kalimdor. This area houses a section of the once great Aqiri empire, known as Ahn'Qiraj. It is currently uninhabited, but the central temple is sealed off by the night elves, who attempted to prevent an infestation from breaking out. They were unsuccessful in their attempt to seal them behind the Scarab Wall and over the millennia the Silithid spread hives from Silithus to as far as Feralas. The Cenarion Circle maintains a constant presence in Silithus at Cenarion Hold. From here they monitor the defeated Silithid hives, whom the Cenarion Circle suppressed alongside the Alliance and Horde during the opening of the gates of Ahn'Qiraj. The bronze dragonflight, 's brood, returned to the desert for the first time in ten thousand years before the opening of the gates.
Silithus had been fleshed out as a major quest hub with episodic storylines that extend into its depths and past its borders during the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event. The redesign of this zone included a high-end outdoor quest area for solo players, while 5-man groups could tackle outdoor raid bosses.
In Patch 1.12, objective based world PvP was introduced into Silithus. A new crystalline substance called "Silithyst" has been discovered, and both the Horde and Alliance have taken an interest in it. Players collect the dust where they can, but must be careful they are not ambushed by opposing faction members before they can make their drop-off. See The Silithyst Must Flow for details.
Although the majority of Azeroth was reshaped by Deathwing's reemergence during World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Silithus uniquely received little to no physical change. Considering the vast majority of quests in the region involving the Silithid and Qiraji being removed and the focus now being on battling the increased presence of the Twilight's Hammer cult, it can be assumed that the threat of and his retinue is gone, if only for a moment.
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Notable characters
- 4 Quests
- 5 Resources
- 6 Dig sites
- 7 Wild Creatures
- 8 Notes & trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Patch changes
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External links
Silithus has for thousands of years held the prison of the Qiraji, trapped behind the Scarab Wall in the aftermath of the War of the Shifting Sands. The Qiraji's servants, the silithid, have since multiplied and spread across southern Kalimdor. Seeing this, the night elves decided to reopen the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj to put an end to the Qiraji threat once and for all.
At the climax of the third invasion of the Burning Legion, attempted to destroy Azeroth. Although he was stopped and imprisoned by the Pantheon, he did manage to wound the planet in Silithus. Azeroth's world-soul began to bleed out of the wound Sargeras inflicted, forming a pool of arcane blood in the area. As a result of the damage, azerite - crystallizations of her blood - began to emerge across the planet. At the Seething Shore off of Silithus's coast, Alliance and Horde began to fight over it.
This huge desert lies in the southwestern tip of Kalimdor. The rock and sand terrain is broken up only by the massive hives of the silithid. Following Sargeras's failed attempt to destroy Azeroth, most of the zone has been obliterated. There is now simply a large wound with a pool of Azeroth's blood in the center.
Silithus is the location of two raid dungeons, the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj and the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. There are also several micro dungeons. Though there are no battlegrounds in this area, there is some outdoor PvP available.
Maps and subregions
|Dungeon Name||Level Range||Group Size||Approximate Run Time|
|Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj||60+||10-man||Unknown|
|Temple of Ahn'Qiraj||60+||40-man||Unknown|
- Feathermoon Stronghold, Feralas
- Camp Mojache, Feralas
- Gadgetzan, Tanaris
- Marshal's Refuge, Un'Goro Crater
To get there on foot, travel to the NW corner of Un'Goro Crater. The river that passes through Un'Goro looks like a snake. It is at the snakes head. You will see two pillars..
Regions Adjacent to Silithus
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Un'Goro Crater||50-55||East||By foot or flightpath from Cenarion Hold to Marshal's Refuge|
|Blasted Lands||55-60||Far to the east||Via portal in Cenarion Hold|
|Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom||N/A||South||By flying over the walls via flying mount|
- Main article: Silithus NPCs
Silithus is home to several characters of note. At Cenarion Hold, seeks information about his missing wife, who was last seen in the company of the silithid. At Bronzebeard Encampment, helps him unravel the mystery and inquires as to the whereabouts of the famous explorer . And at the Ravaged Twilight Camp, has a mission of great importance to the most experienced heroes - face off against Prince Thunderaan and defeat him.
- Main article: Silithus quests
Silithus is a desert stretch of land, arid and hostile. Miners will find various spots of Thorium ore all over the area, both small, rich and ooze-covered, above ground and in tunnels wherever the Silithid have dug their hives.
- (Skinning level 50-55 scorpids)
Silithus only has one dig site:
Notes & trivia
- Per Empires' Fall, Silithus is a part of the Tanaris desert.
- Silithus was completely revamped in patch 1.8.0 to prepare for the opening of Ahn'Qiraj.
- Before the Cataclysm, there was a well-hidden tauren village on the "shores" of Silithus, only accessible by flying mount or swimming from Tanaris.
- The Twilight's Hammer cultists in Silithus were made scalable for the Call of the Scarab event, but still are even after its end.
- Silithus is a Rare Location card in the World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game's Drums of War set.
In the TCG.
Silithus prior to patch 1.8.0
Silithus prior to patch 4.0.3.
Silithus prior to patch 7.3.2.
- Destroyed Silithus after 7.3.2
- Destroyed Silithus after 7.3.5
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Zone revamped and cleaned of the sword's corruption. Level scaling implemented, previous zone level: 55 - 60.
- Patch 7.3.2 (2017-10-24): Zone destroyed by Sargeras.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Portal to Blasted Lands added.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10):
- Cenarion Hold added.
- The flight paths in Silithus have been moved from Valor's Rest to the new Cenarion Hold. Characters that previously discovered the Valor's Rest flight path will be treated as having discovered the Cenarion Hold flight path.
- A neutral graveyard has been added to Silithus at Cenarion Hold. With the addition of this graveyard, characters dying in Silithus will be sent to whichever graveyard they are closer to when they die: Valor's Rest or Cenarion Hold.
- The Silithus area map has been modified and its scale has changed.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Twilight's Hammer creatures in Silithus can now be pickpocketed.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Discovering Valor's Rest now also pops the Southwind Village puzzle piece on the Silithus area map.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Silithus has been itemized.