A fine cloth made from silk.
Silk Cloth is dropped from any number of mid-level humanoids.
As an ingredient
Silk Cloth is used in the following recipes:
As a quest objective
- Hand in 60 Silk Cloth to a faction quartermaster to gain Reputation
Places to farm
- Lvl. 25+: The dungeon city of Gnomeregan, which is Northwest of Ironforge. Dropped by any humanoids in the dungeon and instance.
- Lvl. 25+ Riverpaw gnolls in the Stockade drop silk at 41% per mob.
- Lvl. 25+ Bloodscalp trolls in Northern Stranglethorn drop silk at 24% per mob, and can be soloed 1 at a time
- Lvl. 27+-29+ Stromgarde Keep in Arathi Highlands are filled with monsters that drop 1 - 2 silk.
- Lvl. 29+-33+ The area surrounding and inside the Scarlet Monastery is loaded with silk. Many 'Scarlet' mobs drop more than 1 silk per kill on average.
- Lvl. 32+-35+ Razorfen quilboar in the Razorfen Kraul drop more than 1 silk per kill on average.
- Lvl. 34-40+ The Grimtotem clan in Dustwallow Marsh also has loads of silk with drop rates ranging from 72%-116% per mob.
- Lvl. 41 Eastern Plaguelands: The Scourge and Risen mobs in general drop silk every 1-2 mobs.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stacks to 200, up from 20.