|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- It adds injury to insult.
Sinister Strike (commonly abbreviated to SS) is a rogue combat ability, which all rogues start with at level 1. It deals normal weapon damage plus extra physical damage which scales with your level. You must have a melee weapon equipped to use the ability, and not be disarmed. Sinister Strike can be used on any mob, in any position, in any combat state, and has no refresh rate beyond its energy requirement. You must be facing your target.
It is recommended that you use a weapon with the highest average damage that you can attain for your main hand when using Sinister Strike, as the damage from Sinister Strike is calculated from a range between your weapon's minimum and maximum damage.
- The 4 piece bonus of the Bonescythe Armor Set gives you 5 energy for every one of your Sinister Strike critical hits.
- The 4 piece bonus of the Slayer's Armor Set increases the damage of your Sinister Strike by 6%.
The Sinister Strike damage calculation formula:
Aggression = 1 + (0.07/0.14/0.20) Lethality = 0.10 * Lethality Rank Modifier = (Attack Power / 14) * Normalized Weapon Speed (for 1h, NWS is 2.4) Sinister Strike = (Weapon Damage + Modifier + Extra Damage From Sinister Strike) * Aggression Critical Sinister Strike = Sinister Strike * (2 + Lethality)
- Sinister Strike is a basic Rogue spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "There's something about this strike that just feels off. Sinister, even."
- Sinister Strike is one of Valeera's basic abilities in Heroes of the Storm.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 10% more damage.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Deals an increased 240% of weapon damage (up from 145%), but now costs 50 Energy (up from 40 Energy).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Weapon damage increased from 100% to 145%. Energy cost reduced from 45 to 40.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Sinister Strike only awards a Combo Point at level 3, when becomes available.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage increased.