Siphon Life (warlock talent)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- Gorefiend tightened his fist and blood suddenly burst from the hapless orc’s nose, eyes, and mouth. Gorefiend had already turned away by this point, having lost interest in tormenting the annoyance. “Dark magic!” one of the Shadowmoon warriors shouted, grabbing up the axe beside him. “Kill the warlocks before they can afflict any more of us!” he bellowed, and his fellows responded by readying themselves as well.”
Siphon Life is a warlock talent in the Affliction tree. It adds a healing effect to that has a 25/50% chance to heal you for 2% of your total health. It is unlocked only after spending two points in .
Warlocks have the ability to siphon life from their victims. This ability appears to have been used by the warlock-death knight Teron Gorefiend to torment a member of the Shadowmoon clan.
In the RPG
- Gouts of blood erupt from a victim's eyes, nose and mouth. The streams spin and twist into a single, larger, rope-like stream as they bridge the gap between the target and the caster. The caster opens his mouth and draws in the stream, gaining vitality as the victim weakens.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed. Replaced with .
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Siphon Life now has a 25/50% chance to heal you for 2% of your maximum health when dealing damage with your Corruption spell. It no longer increases damage done by Corruption, Seed of Corruption or Unstable Affliction.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The Siphon Life spell has been removed. Siphon Life now causes your Corruption spell to instantly heal you for 40% of the damage done.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): Will now properly gain a benefit from .
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Siphon Life is now instant cast, damage increased.