|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Warden, The Wardens
|Race||Night elf (Humanoid)|
Alliance Horde |
|Former affiliation(s)||The Wardens, Watchers, Shadow Wardens, Guardians of Hyjal, Alliance|
|Former occupation(s)||Interim leader of the Wardens, Quartermaster|
- “It is you who abandoned us, Maiev! You burdened me with everything in your absence!”
- — Sira maligning Maiev during the Battle for Darkshore.
Sira Moonwarden is an important night elven warden. When Maiev Shadowsong went missing during the third invasion of the Burning Legion, she became the interim leader of the Wardens. During the Blood War, she was killed by the Forsaken and raised as a Dark Warden in service of Sylvanas Windrunner. Apparently resenting Maiev deeply for what she perceived as her having abandoned them, saddling Sira with the burden of leadership, and feeling the despair of death, she is now dedicated to killing her former leader and serving the Forsaken.
At some point, Sira used to be quartermaster, and it was her duty to issue and train all of the Wardens in the use of the moonglaive. Having trained every single one, she could know the wielder of every moonglaive by sight alone.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content related to Warlords of Draenor.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
During the Burning Legion's third invasion, Sira became the interim leader of the Wardens while Maiev was missing. Sira herself was stationed on the Isle of the Watchers in Azsuna. She asked the Illidari for help to deal with enemies on the Isle and in the Tidal Marsh.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Some time after the War of the Thorns which resulted in the burning of Teldrassil by the Horde, Maiev, Sira, and Shandris Feathermoon spoke to Anduin Wrynn to try and convince him to assault Darkshore and retake it from the Horde, but with the war focused on Zandalar, Arathi, and Kul Tiras; Anduin did not have the troops to do so. As the three night elves spoke to Anduin, Tyrande went on ahead of the army to try and retake Darkshore herself. Maiev, Shandris, Sira, and an adventurer located Tyrande's ruined ship at the Zoram Strand, which contained a book about the ancient ritual of the Night Warrior. The Night Warrior was the incarnation of Elune's wrath. The ritual to become the avatar of the Night Warrior was extremely dangerous, and even witnessing it would put you in danger. Legend said that long ago, the Night Warrior was used by the night elves to carve out their empire. None who have attempted the ritual since then have survived, for Elune's raw power tore them apart. Upon journeying to Darkshore, Maiev tasked Sira with scouting the coast while she and Shandris went further inland. Sira expressed concern that Elune had not watched over the night elves during the War of the Thorns.
Sira confronted and fought off Nathanos Blightcaller and the Val'kyr that were aiming to raise Delaryn Summermoon, but was killed. Her last words were disbelief that Tyrande had not arrived to help her. Very soon afterward Tyrande, empowered by the Night Warrior, did arrive and battle Nathanos, but despite Tyrande's efforts the Val'kyr succeeded in raising not only Delaryn but Sira as well. Now known as a Dark Warden, Sira accused Tyrande and Elune of abandoning her and declared that she was now a Forsaken. She left the battlefield with the Horde.
Sira served as one of the Horde commanders in the Battle for Darkshore, opposite of Maiev. She accuses Maiev of having abandoned the Wardens when Sira was left in charge.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Shadowmoon Valley (alternate universe)||94||632,260|
|Nagrand (alternate universe)||100||1,957,080|
- Molten Front
- Shadowstep — Attempts to step through the shadows and reappear behind your enemy.
- Shadow Strike — Hurls a poisoned dagger which deals large initial damage, and then deals damage over time. The poisoned unit has its movement rate slowed for a short duration.
- Drink Healing Potion — Uses a Holy elixir to heal the caster.
- Summon Shadow Gate — Summons a gate of a generally ominous nature.
- Fan of Knives — Instantly whirl around, releasing a spray of throwing knives at all targets within 15 yards.
- Main article: Vault of the Wardens: A Grim Matter
- Main article: Vault of the Wardens: Startup Sequence (quest)
Sira is the quest givers of The Wardens world quests on the Broken Isles.
- The land is safer for your actions this day. But stay vigilant! Danger will surely rise again.
- We have a target for you in this area. Be vigilant.
- Justice is served.
- We will not forget your aid this day, champion! The Wardens are in your debt.
- The legend of the Wardens grows thanks to your deeds.
- Well-struck, like a true Warden.
- An efficient kill. Most admirable!
- The Wardens thank you once again.
- We never doubted that you would succeed.
- Another mark dispatched. Excellent!
- Didn't stand a chance.
- Didn't even see you coming.
- We have an assignment for you.
- Show them how we deliver justice.
- Your target is marked. Be about your work.
- Strike fast. Strike deadly.
- The Wardens are now few in number, yet justice must not rest, friend. Aid us in dispatching this foul creature. Show the people of this land that the Wardens remain ever vigilant!
- A deadly mark is near your location. Prove yourself to be deadlier.
- Your mark is nearby, assassin.
- The Wardens have pledged to bring justice to this world, but we cannot be everywhere. We offer you the honor of taking down a grave threat.
- Our enemies outnumber us. We have need of your skills.
- Our owls have spotted a target near your location. Dispatch it.
As a Forsaken
- No words, only pain.
- At last, I see the true path.
- Do not test my patience.
- Our enemies will suffer.
Notes and trivia
- Unlike other wardens, Sira used a two-bladed weapon instead of an in Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor. In Legion she switched to an umbra crescent. In Battle for Azeroth, she dual wields two umbra crescents.
- is a rare toy from the .
- She is named after one of the random wardens of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
- Sira is voiced by Philece Sampler.