Siren's Song (quest)
84 (Requires 84)
Slay Ophelia, the Siren of the Highlands.
- Slay Ophelia and Protect Ephram
She's still out there... Ophelia, the siren of the Highlands! Her terrible song will lure you to the depths. I've vowed to stay behind and avenge my fallen crewmembers, <class>. If you want to join me, just say the word.
We'll lash ourselves to the mast, we will. We'll shour our eyes. We'll stuff our ears with wax. And when her beautiful illusion drops.. we'll strike.
Are you in?
She had me under her spell, <name>. I wouldn't have made it out of there alive if it weren't for you. Thank you!
Maybe the rest of the Alliance fleet can finally anchor here in peace...
- The player is bound tightly to the mast.
- Ephram Hardstone says: Hold fast, <class>. This is for yer own protection.
- A mysterious female night elf floats up from the sea and begins to sing.
- Ephram Hardstone says: Here she comes. Oh, foul temptress of the sea...
- Ephram Hardstone says: Avert yer eyes! Don't look at her!
- Stranded Crewman says: She's beautiful...
- Ephram Hardstone says: Don't listen to her voice!
- Stranded Crewman says: Like an angel...
- Ephram Hardstone says: Don't look at her... ruby red... soft... sensual lips! Oh...
- The crew walk toward her and Ephram falls to his knees, lovestruck. As the four crewmembers get close, she strikes, searing the flesh from their bones and revealing herself as a level 84 naga witch with 128,000 health!
- Ephram Hardstone says: There! She reveals herself. Attack!
- Ophelia says: You, too, shall serve!
- Ophelia incapacitates Ephram with a seduction spell.
- Ephram Hardstone says: Eh - what? Who? What's going on?
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
This quest is an overt nod to Homer's Odyssey.