Skullcrusher the Mountain (Alliance)
85 (Requires 84)
Survive and then slay Skullcrusher the Mountain.
- Survive Skullcrusher's backhand
- Skullcrusher the Mountain slain
Survive and slay Skullcrusher the Mountain!
("Skullcrusher the Mountain: Bring him down!")
You did it, lad! You beat that damned gronn and sent Cho'gall packing into the Twilight Bastion.
Don't you worry. With your help and that of your friends, we'll get in there and we'll kill Cho'gall once and for all!
- Cho'gall and Skullcrusher teleport in.
- Cho'gall yells: Back, vermin! (Insects! Weak and small!)
- Cho'gall yells: Look, mortal, upon the instrument of your undoing. (The Hammer, hand of the Gods Below.) Forged of molten blood... (...gift of the master. His gift!) Shaped upon the Last Altar of Storm.
- Cho'gall yells: The Hammer of Twilight. (The Hammer of Twilight!) Commissioned by the Aspect of Death. It is the breaker of worlds. It is not yours to wield. (Kill the intruders!) Kill them all!
- Cho'gall yells: What Deathwing has set in motion... (...no man can stop.) No man! Least of all you wretches! (Show them. Show them their end!)
- Cho'gall teleports out as Skullcrusher backhands players off of the altar to the ledge to the northeast.
- Get back up there and get into the fight!
Hop back on a flying mount and get to the altar. Skullcrusher is a boss-level gronn with 11.6 million health, being tanked by Kurdran, with Cassius healing and Shaw doing some DPS and backup tanking due to the encounter mechanics. Skullcrusher has the following abilities:
- Massive Shockwave
- Ground Pound Ticks for 2000 damage a second for 10 seconds or so
- Fist of Cho'gall Used in phase 2. Instantly incapcitates whoever Skullcrusher is targeting. Right-click on the incapcitated unit to revive him.
- Blessing of Cho'gall — Significantly increased combat prowess. Damage taken is reduced. Cast at 10%. Lasts until the reinforcements arrive
- Adrenaline Cast on players, acts as a stacking debuff, increases movement speed by 50% each stack.
Start attacking normally. However, players and the hero units are not getting anywhere fast, so at 85%:
- Cassius the White yells: He's too powerful! You've got to find a way to use those altars to give us an edge!
- Activate the altars to gain the blessings of the elements, but avoid the deadly shadow altar!
There are five altars on the outside of the circle, rotating every few seconds in their elemental affiliation. Interact with them to gain 60-second duration buffs:
- Invocation of Air — Melee, ranged, spell casting speed increased by 50%
- Invocation of Earth — Damage taken reduced by 50%
- Invocation of Fire — +50% damage dealt
- Invocation of Frost — +50% crit chance
- Invocation of Shadow — 9-10k damage a tick in the aura
Skullcrusher starts using his one-hit KO ability now, so pay attention and revive the units that have been knocked out or the fight will go south rather quickly. Stay out of range of the shadow altar!
- Skullcrusher yells: I am the favored of the master Cho'gall. I WILL NOT FALL TO YOU.
- The Wildhammer horn falls from Kurdran's unconscious body!
- Cassius says: We cannot hold out against power of this magnitude! You must use the horn!
- Blow into the Wildhammer horn to call for reinforcements!
- Wildhammer Gryphon yells: For the Wildhammer! (x lots)
- Wildhammer reinforcements have arrived!
Fly back to Victor's Point on completion.
Popular culture reference
The name of the quest, as well as the rewards themselves are obvious references to Jonathan Coulton's song "Skullcrusher Mountain"
- Complete all of:
- Complete all of:
- Mathias'/Garona's quests:
- Earthen Ring quests:
- & &
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.