Slash and Burn
81 (Requires 80)
+350 Guardians of Hyjal
- Twilight Stormwaker slain x5
- Twilight's Hammer unit slain x40
Victory is possible, <name>.
This portal is not just a means of bringing back Cenarius through the dream. Think about it, <name>. Once a gateway through the Emerald Dream is open, our forces can use them to move freely from Moonglade, Nordrassil, and even Wyrmrest to this strategic location.
Take one of the emerald drakes and hit them hard, <name>.
You've returned, <name>.
Excellent work, <name>. We might win this one yet.
Hop on a drake. It has three abilities:
- 1) Acid Blast (100 mana) unlimited yd range — Fires an acid blast at enemy targets on the ground, inflicting 13125 to 16875 damage. Instant
- 2) Aerial Swipe 30 yd range — Close in on a Twilight Stormwaker and go for the throat! Instant (5 sec cooldown)
- 4) Speed Burst — Gain a boost to flight speed for 5 seconds. Instant (30 sec cooldown)
Either one of the following counts towards the 40 unites:
On complete, a cutscene:
- Jarod says: Just a few more minutes... Cenarius is almost here!
- The Ancients walk in to frame.
- Goldrinn says: You might not have that long. Enemy reinforcements are already underway.
- Jarod says: Goldrinn! It's true then... the Ancients walk among us again!
- Aviana says: There will be time to celebrate later, commander. Twilight dragons approach!
- Jarod says: Quick! Do not let them disrupt Ysera's magic!
- Jarod says: Hold them back as long as you can!
- Cenarius says: That... will not be necessary.
- Cenarius walks in to frame and calmly knocks the twilight drakes out of the sky.
- Jarod says: Cenarius! Excellent! With the portal active, we can move our forces to the frontlines unfettered.
- Jarod says: You are a most welcome sight, son of Malorne! We must preserve your power so you can spearhead the attack against the Firelord.
- Cenarius says: What about the Twilight dragons? There will be more where those came from.
- Ysera walks in to frame.
- Ysera says: Leave that to me.
- Ysera shifts to her dragon form and takes to the air.
- / /
- Complete all of:
- Mylva's quests:
- Devoran's quests:
- Ortell's quests:
- Complete all of:
- Jarod's quests
- Aronus' quests
- Cenarius' quests
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2003-06-25): "Players should now be placed into the correct phase after the cutscene, allowing the quest to be completed."
- Hotfix (2010-12-08): "Twilight Stormwakers now respawn more quickly for the quest "Slash and Burn"."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.