Slaying the Scavengers
89 (Requires 87)
Kill 8 Ashfang Hyenas.
- Ashfang Hyena slain x8
The rotting corpses are attracting hyena scavengers.
In addition to spreading diseases from feeding on the dead, the feral creatures will attack us on sight.
Go and eradicate the beasts. It is unfortunate, but ultimately for the best.
It is better to be safe than sorry.
Thank you, <name>. It was an unpleasant task, but it had to be done.
- 196000 XP
- +75 reputation with Shado-Pan
Get started burning Palewind Villagers, killing hyenas, finding totems, and scouting the four smoke trails. The totem is a ground-targeted AoE and is large enough to get a few yaungol at a time.
The southern smoke trail is by the oil derricks, with the Palewind Chief:
- Xiao Tu says: It's the yaungol chief, slain like the rest. Seems that he could not keep order in the final fight.
Eastern trail is by the wall in the corner:
- Xiao Tu says: They fought over their food supplies. It looks like rather than sharing their food, someone destroyed it all. Why would they do that?
The "northwestern" trail is just northwest of the eastern trail:
- Xiao Tu says: Look, I see some of Suna's things! She must have made camp here. But where is she?
Western some trail is northwest of the questgivers by another three oil derricks:
- Xiao Tu says: From what I can tell, there were no sides in this fight. Why would the yaungol kill each other in a free-for-all?
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.