Tips and tactics
- Smite is the staple damage spell for Holy and Discipline priests used to fill space in the rotation while other more powerful attacks are on cooldown.
- Thanks to , Discipline priests can use Smite to heal their allies.
- Holy Smite is a basic Priest spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "It doesn't matter how pious you are. Everyone needs a good smiting now and again."
In the TCG.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13):
- Smite damage increased by 16% for Discipline and 25% for Holy.
- Smite now costs 0.5% of base mana (was 1.0%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Shadow. Damage increased by 162.8%.
- Hotfix (2013-12-16): "Resolved an issue where was not activating correctly from Smite."
- Hotfix (2013-06-04): "Smite's cast time should now be correctly reduced by ."
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Holy Smite has been renamed to Smite.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Cast time slightly increased, damage reduced, mana cost reduced.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Has been moved to levels 1, 6, 14, 22, 30 and 38.