Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Silkbead snails hide in their shell to escape the claws of nearby crabs. Shimmershell snails hunt for food just below the water's surface on the coast of Darkshore. Rapana whelks have been spotted fighting other whelks for prime food sources. Freshwater snails are sometimes cooked up and eaten as an exotic meal by the Forsaken.
- Brightwater Snail (item)
- Dreamdew Snail
- Infectis Incher (item)
- Knobbed Welk
- Rockchewer Whelk
As a companion pet
- The toy has a chance to drop from Gastropods in the Throne of Thunder and briefly summons Jerry the Snail.
- Mudshell Conch can be captured in pet battles in Highmountain.
- Rapana Whelks can be captured in pet battles in the Dread Wastes.
- Rusty Snails can be captured in pet battles in Ashenvale.
- Shimmershell Snails can be captured in pet battles in Ashenvale, Darkshore and the Thousand Needles.
- Silkbead Snails can be captured in pet battles in the Jade Forest.
- is a possible reward from / during Children's Week.
- is rewarded from the achievement in Stonedark Grotto in Highmountain.
- Prior to Cataclysm, snails were previously only referenced in the form of empty shells found off mobs and via Fishing, as well as being seen as part of the landscape in some underwater areas. Snails made their first appearance as attackable creatures in Cataclysm.