During the Feast of Winter Veil, snowballs can be purchased for 10 in stacks of five from:
- Wolgren Jinglepocket <Smokywood Pastures> in the Exodar
- Wulmort Jinglepocket <Smokywood Pastures> in Ironforge
- Penney Copperpinch <Smokywood Pastures> in Orgrimmar
- Eebee Jinglepocket <Smokywood Pastures> in Shattrath City
- Hotoppik Copperpinch <Smokywood Pastures> in Silvermoon City
- Khole Jinglepocket <Smokywood Pastures> in Stormwind City
- Seersa Copperpinch <Smokywood Pastures> in Thunder Bluff
- Nardstrum Copperpinch <Smokywood Pastures> in Undercity
During the Midsummer Fire Festival, snowballs can be obtained from the .
Snowballs can be thrown at other players. There is a slight impact animation. In the past they used to do actual knockback, which could have major secondary effects (knocking a character off a high location).
Requires a snowball to use:
- - (snowman disguise)
Snowballs were also required to use the following, until patch 4.3.0:
- - (green Father Winter's Helper companion)
- - (red Winter's Little Helper companion)
- - (tiny Winter Reindeer companion)
- - (Tiny Snowman companion)
Each activation consumed a single snowball.
- During the event, these are one of the cheapest vended items in the game; however they are required in order to activate certain items and storage is always scarce; so after the event they command a large premium in the auction house.
- Interestingly enough, the snowball stun can activate a Warrior's -talent.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): You no longer teleport to your flight destination when hit by snowballs.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.