Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Soggoth the Slitherer
|This article is a mob stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Herald of the Old Gods
|Level||122 Rare Elite|
|Affiliation(s)||Old Gods' forces|
|Location||Master's Glaive, Darkshore|
Soggoth the Slitherer, also known as the Slithering One, was an enormous herald of the Old Gods that was slain by the stone giant Kronn long ago. Soggoth's remains can be found at the Master's Glaive in Darkshore.
According to Archaeologist Groff, the Master's Glaive was the site of an ancient battle. The titans sent twenty of their stone giants against Soggoth. Of those twenty giants, only one survived. The tablets say that Kronn, the largest of the stone giants, allowed himself to be entangled by Soggoth's tendrils -- just long enough to be lifted close enough to the creature's skull and within reach of Kronn's mighty sword.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
In the wake of the Cataclysm, the Twilight's Hammer cult sought to resurrect Soggoth. However, due to interference of the ancients and the Alliance, they were only able to resurect a small remnant of the dread being. During the battle that followed, Alliance adventurers were able to slay Soggoth's avatar, putting an end to the Slitherer and saving Darkshore.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Soggoth was revived completely, albeit in a weakened state, by the remnants of the Twilight's Hammer.
- Shadow Crash - Fires a missile towards an enemy at range. When this missile lands, it deals 30 Shadow damage to all enemies within 3 yards of that location and 30 Shadow damage to enemies within the area every 1 sec for 40 sec.
- Voidbolt Volley - The caster hurls a bolt of void energies at the target, inflicting 15 Shadow damage.
- The deep one's prison weakens. None will be spared!
- [Shath'Yar] Oou wgah yyqZz uhnish guu'lal Qwor wgah za kaaxth
Soggoth appears as a legendary card in the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion for Hearthstone. Its flavor text reads: "Don't tell Soggoth, but in the future he gets totally owned by the Master's Glaive and his skull becomes a tourist attraction."
Notes and trivia
- The remains at the Master's Glaive bear a striking similarity to the murals depicting the Old God Y'Shaarj.
- Much like Yogg-Saron, Soggoth's name may be inspired by the Outer God Yog-Sothoth from H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.
- Alternatively, the name may be a reference to the shoggoths, enormous, shape-shifting slime creatures also found in the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Added.