As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Some Like It Hot
85 (Requires 85)
+250 Guardians of Hyjal
Observe the drinking from 6 Ember Pools. Ember Pools are created by fighting Emberspit Scorpions.
- Help the Crimson Lasher Drink from Ember Pools x6
I've been making progress in my research, <name>. Based on what we've witnessed in the local flora, it's quite possible that your Lasher also accepts superheated liquids as a principal source of nutrition.
I'd like you to help me with a little experiment. The Emberspit Scorpions that inhabit the Magma Springs to the north spew out burning pools of fire during combat.
Take the Lasher and observe his reaction to the scorpions' Ember Pools.
I would have gone to observe the Lasher myself, but the battle is just so...violent!
Did it work? So my theory was correct?
You will receive:
- 69400 XP (or 16 54 at max level)
- +250 reputation with Guardians of Hyjal
- Fireball 40 yd range — Inflicts Fire damage to an enemy. 3 sec cast. Interruptible. Hits for 8000-9300 Fire.
- Ember Pool 5-45 yd range — Spits a bolt of ember fire at an enemy target's location, leaving an Ember Pool that damages any units standing on it. 3 sec cast. Uninterruptible.
The Crimson Lasher helps out, by tossing heals on occasion:
- Rejuvenation 40 yd range — Heals an ally every 3 sec. for 12 sec. 3 sec cast. Heals for ~514 Nature
The objective is thus to get the scorpion to cast Ember Pools but not die in the process. The Rejuv helps, but not much. The scorpion will only cast Ember Pool when another is not up (a pool being used by the lasher does not count). It will spawn another upon death. The scorpion will only cast Ember Pool if it is being attacked directly by the player (a pet alone will not work), and while being faced by the player. Turning around will interrupt the cast. After a few Ember Pools, or as soon as health is becoming an issue, kill the scorpion, get out of combat, heal up, then find another.
This quest can be efficiently completed in a party - anyone's Lasher can drink from anyone's pool, speeding the process up markedly.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.