||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
A soul bag (often referred to as a shard bag) is a bag used by Warlocks to hold more Soul Shards than they would normally be able to carry in conventional containers.
The soul bag consumes a regular container slot, however, so it reduces the number of available slots for non-Soul Shard items. The value of the trade-off is up to the individual Warlock.
Soul Shards harvested by the Warlock are automatically stored in an equipped soul bag when acquired, making tedious Soul Shard housekeeping a thing of the past.
Helpfully, soul bags also display the number of soul shards stored within them on the bag icon on the container toolbar.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
With the soul shard system completely revamped, the soul bags were no longer needed. Most of the bags can no longer be acquired, while existing soul bags were converted to smaller normal bags.
Types and how to get them
[Soul Pouch] - 20 Shards
- Pattern sold by Vizzklick <Tailoring supplies> in Gadgetzan for 1 20.
- Tailoring skill needed: 260
[Core Felcloth Bag] - 28 Shards
- Pattern drops in Molten Core.
- Tailoring skill needed: 300
[Ebon Shadowbag] - 28 Shards
[Abyssal Bag] - 32 Shards
Removed soul bags
[Small Soul Pouch] - 12 Shards
- Rewarded with the ability to summon the Succubus.
[Box of Souls] - 16 Shards
[Felcloth Bag] - 24 Shards