Soulstone is a level 18 warlock ability. It stores a player's soul, allowing that player to resurrect. If the target is dead, it resurrects them.
- If the stored player dies, they will be offered the opportunity to reincarnate on the spot, or to be released as a ghost in the normal way.
- Soulstone can be used in combat.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Create Soulstone has been renamed Soulstone. Replaced .
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Soulstone can now be used in combat to resurrect a targeted dead player.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The cooldown on this spell and duration of its buff have been lowered from 30 minutes down to 15 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Soulstones can no longer be used on targets not in your party or raid. In addition, the soulstone buff will now be removed if the target or caster leaves the party or raid.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Reduced the Soul Shard cost from two shards to one shard.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07):
- Now soulbound when created
- Are consumed to store the target's soul
- When that target dies, he may resurrect himself any time up until release.
- Cooldown added.
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Soulstones have been changed to now resurrect the soulstone holder automatically 5 seconds after death.