The South Seas, also known as the South Sea, is a body of water that surround the southern tip of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor and the northern coast of Pandaria, mostly noted by travelers on the southern coasts of Stranglethorn Vale and the port of Booty Bay.
- Plunder Isle
- South Seas islands
- Darkspear Islands (also described to be in the Great Sea)
Regions adjacent to the South Seas
- Southern Kalimdor
- The Maelstrom
Notes & trivia
- When the Cataclysm destroyed a barrier in Thousand Needles, the South Seas poured into the area, flooding it. Traveler: The Spiral Path says it was the Great Sea.
- Bounty Hunter Kolark's travel across the seas led him to discover .
- The monstrous, flesh-eating bloodwing bat hails from the misty jungle islands of the South Seas, where it is the undisputed ruler of the night sky.
- Giant turtles are also known to live in the southern seas.
- There is an uncharted island from which the rogues of the Uncrowned extracted a rare venom.