||This article's name is unofficial.
- Please note that while the content is valid, this article's name is not official.
- This is because no official name is available for the subject of this article. We use a descriptive name instead.
- This article should not be moved unless discussed first - Remember to follow the naming policy.
- For the Pet Battle ability, see [Spark]. For the TCG ability card, see Spark (Fields of Honor).
Sparks are a type of lightning or arcane elemental creature that appears in certain places where magic is prevalent. They tend to have a specific purpose, such as healing or buffing a boss, exploding, or summoning adds. It is unknown if they are sentient or just an advanced form of spell that is cast by powerful arcane beings. Sparks should not be confused with wisps, which are ethereal nature spirits that have a superficial resemblance to sparks.
- Astral Flare, cast by The Curator in Karazhan
- Astral Spark, cast by Arcane Protectors in Karazhan
- Chaotic Rift, cast by Anomalus in The Nexus , but also spread out across the rift spawn area of this dungeon
- Charged Sphere, cast by Storm Tempered Keepers in Ulduar
- Ethereal Beacon, cast by Nexus-Prince Shaffar in Mana-Tombs
- Planar Anomaly, cast by Ley-Guardian Eregos in the Oculus
- Pure Energy, cast by Vexallus in Magister's Terrace
- Power Spark, cast by Malygos in the Eye of Eternity
- Spark of Ionar, cast by Ionar in the Halls of Lightning
This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.
The name "spark" is based on NPC names as no other name is known.
It is possible that these creatures are in fact spark elementals or spark sprites, although there is no evidence for or against this so far.