Speaking Their Language
32 (Requires 30)
+250 Thunder Bluff
Blow the Horn of Challenge in the Bristleback Challenge Ring, and defeat Sabersnout in single combat.
- Sabersnout slain
The quilboar are attacking because they perceive weakness. Strength is the only language they understand. So we will show them strength.
<Makaba withdraws a large horn from his satchel.>
This is admittedly crude work but it'll do. Bristleback leaders use horns like these to challenge one another for dominance.
<Name>, I want you to challenge the Bristleback champion, Sabersnout, to single combat. Defeat him in front of his followers. Blow the horn at the Bristleback challenge ring due south of here.
Have you taken the Bristlebacks down a peg or two?
What? He attacked you with a dozen boars? I guess quilboar have their own ideas of what "single combat" means.
Still, the Bristleback will be left reeling after the blow you've delivered. It will not be long before a new champion rises amongst them to stir up trouble... but at least this buys us some time to get these refugees relocated safely.
Thank you, <name>. The survivors owe you a great debt.
On using the horn in the ring, Sabersnout appears:
- Sabersnout says: What is this? <Gurgle> <Snort> The <race> has come? To challenge mighty Sabersnout <Snort>?
- Sabersnout says: I will make example of <race> <Snort>! Prepare yourself <Gurgle> soft-for-face.
- Sabersnout laughs.
- Sabersnout fights until he is low health.
- Sabersnout says: You, <Snort> you are strong <Gurgle>. But...
- Sabersnout says: Strong enough for THE BOARPOCALYPSE?
- He summons several hostile boars. After the boards are killed:
- Sabersnout says: You ... survive the boars? <Snort> So many boars! So sad! <Gurgle>
- Sabersnout says: I must break you now.
- On death:
- Sabersnout says: <Snort>? <Gurgle>!
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.