Spires of Ascension
|Spires of Ascension|
- Honor's Ascent
- Trash mobs
- Gardens of Repose
- Font of Fealty
- Seat of the Archon
Throughout the dungeon, as the party progresses, Kyrestia and Devos have a conversation:
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: We are vastly outnumbered, mortals. The Forsworn have cut a swath through most of our forces.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Vanquish their rear guard while I confront Devos. Go in service.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: You were the Paragon of Loyalty, Devos. And yet all this time, it was you who led the Forsworn.
- Devos says: Your blind adherence to the path would have doomed us all. You left me no choice but to oppose you!
- Devos says: Forsworn, see that the mortals do not interfere!
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Listen to reason, Devos. The kyrian must stand united.
- Devos says: Not so long as you command them. The Forsworn will forge a new path for Bastion!
- Devos says: For eons, we have been told to "purify" ourselves. To let go of our memories, our identities, our loved ones. All in the name of service.
- Devos says: But what do we serve? An impotent Arbiter, an oppressive law! Our sacrifices were made for nothing!
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: We sacrifice because we must. Mortal burdens would only impede our sacred duty.
- Devos says: No. It was a mortal who exposed the folly of your edicts.
- Devos says: As I peered into Uther's memories, what I saw shook me to the core.
- Devos says: But you refused to see the truth. That the path is flawed. That we serve a lie.
- Devos says: And so, I listened to the Jailer's words. I learned of the great injustice you and the others thrust upon him... and upon us all.
- Devos says: He seeks to free us from the prison we have built for ourselves. And for that, he has earned my loyalty.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: And I mourn your betrayal.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Argh!
- Devos says: Accept your defeat, Archon. I serve a far greater power now.
- Devos says: With your spear in hand, I will take control of the Spires and forge new paragons to lead the kyrian!
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: The Jailer has twisted your mind, Devos. You must be stopped... no matter the cost.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Devos...
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: The Jailer's schemes have torn a schism in the ranks of the kyrian. One that must be healed.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: Long have we believed that our mortal lives are burdens to be shed in the name of service. And yet, the deeds of mortals are what won the day.
- Kyrestia the Firstborne says: You have my gratitude. Once the Jailer lies defeated... there may be much for the kyrian to discuss.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.