Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
Spirit Tap is a priest shadow talent. It can grant a temporary buff to the priest after killing a target that gives experience or honor, which boosts Spirit by 100% and allows 83% mana regeneration while casting.
This is often considered the first talent to get as a new priest. The boost to mana regeneration helps to reduce downtime by a noticeable margin, a large boon during solo play.
This requires the priest to get the killing blow, which will rarely happen if the priest is in a group as healer unless the priest has impeccable timing. This becomes somewhat easier after level 62 with the advent of .
Spirit Tap allows for 200% mana regeneration outside of the five second rule.
grants up to 50% mana regeneration while in the FSR. Spirit Tap stacks with this (and other similar effects) up to a maximum of 100% mana generation while casting.
At the level cap, "green" or higher targets are still considered to "yield" experience, even if no experienced is actually gained, so they will still proc Spirit Tap.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed as a talent. Replaced with .
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now grants 83% of mana regeneration while casting.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Reduced to three ranks, down from five.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This ability will no longer be triggered by killing some creature-cast totems.
- Patch 1.12.1 (2006-09-26): The Priest talent Spirit Tap will no longer sometimes proc off of totems.