Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Spiritwalker's Grace is a level 72 Restoration shaman ability that allows all spells to be cast while moving, when normally you would only be able to use instant cast spells without having to stop. It is unique in that it not only off the global cooldown but can even be used while casting another spell, allowing you to start moving in the middle of casting.
Spiritwalker's Grace is a self-targeted buff that, when active, allows the shaman to cast all spells while walking, running, or falling. This gives the shaman another way to heal or do damage when its necessary to move in both PvE and PvP.
While the spell is active, knockbacks that would otherwise interrupt spellcasting by sending you flying (which is considered to be movement) will not interrupt your spells as you can continue to cast normally while in the air. It will also protect you against certain knockdown effects, allowing your character to continue casting while laying on the ground. This is not universally true for all knockback or knockdown effects, but can be very handy at times if you can anticipate the effects and activate Spiritwalker's Grace before you are hit.
Tips and tactics
- Binding Spiritwalker's Grace to an easily accessible key allows you to use it quickly if you need to suddenly move, letting you react quickly to dangerous situations without losing valuable casting time. Make sure your key binding is one you can easily click while simultaneously using the movement keys.
- Using Spiritwalker's Grace during transitions where the raid has to bunch up, spread out or move to attack another target will allow elemental and restoration shamans to be fully effective even when having to move longer distances. The cooldown is short enough that it can be used several times on longer boss fights.
- When falling from very high altitudes, Spiritwalker's Grace will let you cast in the air. If the fall is long enough, this can save your life at the cost of sending you back to your home city.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer available to Elemental and Enhancement shamans.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Spiritwalker’s Grace duration has been increased to 15 seconds, up from 10.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.