|Location||Manor Mistmantle, Duskwood|
|Companion(s)||Crillian (master at school)|
World of Warcraft
Stalvan Mistmantle is an undead human with a bloodied past. Originally from Silverpine Forest, he spent some time in Stormwind but later became an instructor at the Moonbrook schoolhouse, and also worked as a personal tutor. He eventually developed an indecent attraction to one of his students, a young woman named Tilloa. Stalvan imagined a future with this girl, but her future groom was already arranged by her parents. Tilloa gave Stalvan a begonia, and Stalvan interpreted the gesture as a romantic overture. However, Tilloa clearly only saw Stalvan as her tutor; she compared him to an old uncle, which infuriated Stalvan and drove him to murder. It is unclear exactly what happened, but it was called 'a massacre' by some of the people you talk to during your quest to uncover the legend of Stalvan.
Stalvan seems to have butchered Tilloa and her young groom-to-be with an axe, and quite possibly her entire family as well. In his notes, he claims that the blood he'd spilled paled in comparison to the tears he had shed. He then carefully hid the bodies and retreated back to his home north-east of Darkshire, and remained there until the darkness crept into Duskwood and consumed him. He now resides in Manor Mistmantle, lonely and mad, hungering for more revenge on any person who dares come near. Through unknown means, perhaps explained by sheer will to live and kill, Stalvan has become an undead revenant.
- Southshore: Unknown, possibly on his way from Silverpine Forest (found in Old Hillsbrad Foothills in the Caverns of Time).
- Moonbrook: Was an instructor at the schoolhouse.
- Goldshire: Left behind documents at the Lion's Pride Inn.
- Stormwind: Personal items from his estate left on the Stormwind streets.
- Eastvale Logging Camp: Personal documents in the possession of Marshal Haggard.
- Manor Mistmantle: His current home.
Stalvan is revealed to have a brother, Tobias, who resided in Gilneas during the civil war and was afflicted by the worgen curse. After fleeing Gilneas following its plaguing by the Forsaken, Tobias arrives in Darkshire seeking news of his brother, but finding the townspeople afraid to talk about it, telling him only that he was dead. After Clerk Daltry - who aided in the original investigation of Stalvan's whereabouts - directs players to the portions of Stalvan's journal, which had taken and shredded by feral worgen during an attack on Darkshire's town hall, Tobias seeks to find out the truth of what happened, and turns to Madame Eva, who had begun the hunt for Stalvan years before. Using the carried by Tobias (Stalvan had dropped a similar ring as proof of decease in the original quest), Madame Eva directs players back to Manor Mistmantle, where Stalvan will rise from his grave seeking revenge, and must be destroyed again (in ).
Stalvan was the object of a thirteen-part quest thread in which you must decipher his identity and uncover his past through the clues he has left behind. The quests culminated with killing Stalvan and bringing the to Madame Eva.
- Curse of Stalvan - Reduces all of the enemy's attributes by 5 for 10 min.
- Fetid Breath - Deals Nature damage to all enemies in a cone in front of the caster.
- Post-Cataclysm dialogue
- Main article: Mistmantle's Revenge#Notes
- I shall spill your blood, <class>!
- Tilloa is that you? Why no! It's just some dirty [race]!
- Who dares disturb me? Die, <name>!
Notes and trivia
- The weapon is possibly the axe he used to kill his victims. Another item that may be related to him is the .
- You can get more hints about Stalvan from the Caverns of Time in The Burning Crusade.
- Stalvan once made a wish in the Dalaran fountain, written on .
- Stalvan is one of, if not the only NPC that doesn't have the same color for both hair and facial hair.
- Stalvan has the same model as Baxter in Hellfire Peninsula.
- This character and the storyline is inspired by the novel Lolita. Stalvan's love Tilloa is an anagram of Lolita.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 32 to 22.
|Duskwood||Old Hillsbrad Foothills|