|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.
Starshards was one of the priest racial abilities available only to Night elf priests. It was a potent Arcane-based instant damage over time spell that could be used by night elf priests and priestesses to rain starshards down upon their foes.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Starshards is no longer channeled, costs 0 mana, is now a Magic effect, lasts 15 seconds, causes damage every 3 seconds and has a 30 second cooldown. The damage per tick of this ability no longer changes during the duration of the effect.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): This spell now works like Curse of Agony, with lower initial damage which increases as the duration continues. Mana cost dropped approximately 30% on all ranks. Ranks 1 and 2 increased to 6 second duration. Damage increased approximately 17%.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Should now be affected by the , , and talents.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.