|The Slave Pens (5)|
|The Underbog (5)|
|The Steamvault (5)|
|Serpentshrine Cavern (25)|
The Steamvault (also known as the Steam Vaults) is the level 70 wing of the Coilfang Reservoir. No key is required to enter. You must defeat the first and second bosses and operate the control panels behind them in order to enter the room with the final boss.
- Main article: Coilfang Reservoir
The Steam Vaults serves as the mechanical heart of Naga's draining operations in Zangarmarsh. The mechanisms on display within the massive cavern supply the power for the actual act of removing the marsh's water. As a result, the Steam Vaults is perhaps the most strategically important wing of the Coilfang Reservoir for adventurers looking to put a stop to Lady Vashj's efforts.
Coilfang Reservoir is the name for a naga-dominated compound that lurks under Zangarmarsh's deepest waters. The reservoir, punctured throughout by massive open pipes and pistons, seems big enough to house armies - and, yet, its purpose isn't strictly military.
- Main article: The Steamvault walkthrough
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Given by Watcher Jhang at the entrance to Coilfang Reservoir.
- Starts with a random drop of the same name inside the instance.
- Given by David Wayne within Terokkar Forest.
- Random daily quest given by Nether-Stalker Mah'duun in the Lower City of Shattrath.
- Given by Khadgar at the Terrace of Light in Shattrath City, this is step 6 in a quest chain to obtain that starts with Archmage Alturus at the entrance to Karazhan in Deadwind Pass. The is found in this instance. It can be located in the water just in front of the first boss Hydromancer Thespia. This key fragment may be obtained without killing the first boss if simply obtaining the key is your goal. A direct route to the key requires clearing mobs while hugging the right wall from the start of the instance, take a hard right and up the ramp, and clear enough space to be able to jump into the water. Dive into the water at the leading edge of the bridge and search the pond for the key giver. The key may be obtained with six or seven pulls from the start of the instance. This instance no longer requires a key to open the door inside. There are now panels behind each of the bosses that need to be activated - this will automatically unlock the door.
- Main article: Steamvault loot
All mobs give Reputation to Cenarion Expedition through Exalted. Rep Given: Trash: 12, 2 (non-elite), Bosses: 120, Full clear 1,662 rep. (1,782 if you take the time to kill all of the slaves as well.) The fastest path through the instance nets ~1100 rep. In Heroic Mode, the fastest path gives roughly 1550 rep, and a full clear will give 2,559 rep.
- The instance can be soloed in normal mode at lvl 80. Heroic Mode can even be soloed by lvl 80 plate dps.
- If you are clearing it solo, and are stuck at the locked door - there is an access panel between each of the two bosses you killed - both have to be activated to open the door. (There is no key).
- See also: Removed Steamvault quests
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): New quests added.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): removed.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.