- [51-53+] Stegodon
- [52-54+] Plated Stegodon
- [53-54+] Spiked Stegodon
- [54-55+] Thunderstomp Stegodon
- [57+] Gruff (rare mob)
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Scalehide
- Stegodons are based on the Stegosaurus, a well-known genus of dinosaurs from the Late Jurassic period that possessed distinctive, upright back plates and a tail tipped with spikes.
- "Stegodon" is also the name of an extinct genus of proboscids.
- The name is also similar to "Stegadon", a fictional type of large dinosaur used as beasts of war by the Lizardmen in Warhammer Fantasy Battle. The direhorns are physically similar to the Stegadon.
Several stegodons appear in the Journey to Un'Goro expansion for Hearthstone. Hearthstone's stegodons are characterised as being very noble, proud and protective of their young, making them a perfect fit for paladin.
A tortollan riding a stegodon into battle.
A stegodon with the "Rocky Carapace" adaptation.
A stegodon infused with the Light.
In the RPG
Stegodons are short-tempered, aggressive, but herbivorous dinosaurs. This massive reptilian creature heaves itself along on four legs the size of tree trunks. A stunted tail sticks out behind it and dark green spikes cover its body. An enormous tusk extends from its blunt snout. Easily irritated, they attack trespassers on sight, but rarely venture from their territories. They consume vast quantities of plant matter and grow angry when logging, mining, and other such activities disturb their food sources. A stegadon begins combat charging, and impaling its attacker. Vicious opponents, these dinosaurs gore and trample to debilitate enemies as swiftly as possible. Stegadons are stubborn creatures and often fight to the death.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Model updated.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2017-03-20. Journey to Un'Goro Card Reveals - The Journey Begins! (31:10). Retrieved on 2017-04-04.
- ^ Monster Guide, pg. 29