Stirring in the Shadows
|Start||Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker|
|End||Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker|
|Level||110 (Requires 110)|
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Notes
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
- Complete the Stirring in the Shadows Scenario
We must now purify the barding by both material and immaterial means. For the material, we need to travel to Stratholme.
When it thrived, before the plague, it produced holy water capable of cleansing even the darkest of magics. There still may be caches of it lying untouched there that we can use.
Then it's just a matter of imbuing enough holy power into the barding to make sure it overcomes the will of Rivendare's mount, Shadowmane.
Travel to the service gate of Stratholme when you're ready.
Your mount is within our reach, Highlord. I only pray Stratholme still has an ample supply of holy water.
That was quite the encounter, wouldn't you say Highlord <name>? Reminds me of my glory days.
Nevertheless we'll be keeping a more watchful eye on Stratholme from now on. But that's not important right now.
We should move on to the ceremony and have you claim your prize!
- Hail, Highlord. Lord Grayson waits inside for your arrival.
- He's currently overseeing the preparation for the purification of the barding.
- When you're ready to enter, I will escort you inside.
- I'm ready to go.
Stage 1: Choose Your Allies
- Description: Choose 2 paladins to accompany you through Stratholme
- Paladins recruited (2)
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: Welcome, Highlord <name>. I've been making preparations for the ritual to cleanse the barding. But so far, we've been unable to secure the holy water.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: I sent in three of my best men to search for it, but they've not returned. I fear for their safety.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: Perhaps someone of your skills would be better suited to recover the water. Please, take a pair of my paladins with you. Who knows what's still lurking in this place.
Leave Alonsus Chapel to find a group of paladins awaiting your instructions. You can only choose two to assist you for this scenario.
Indicated by the title Hand of Salvation.
- I need your support!
Indicated by the title Hand of Protection.
- I need your shield!
Indicated by the title Hand of Retribution.
- I need your steel!
Generally, the safe bet is to have one paladin each for the other two class specializations different from your own. (Example: Player is retribution, so they choose one paladin each from holy and protection.)
- Ready to ride with you, Highlord!
Stage 2: Search the City
- Description: Search Stratholme for stashes of holy water and the three missing paladins. Destroy any unholy abominations you come across.
- Holy Water (6)
- Missing Paladins Found (3)
- Rotmouth Killed
- Osseine Killed
- Pestulon Killed
Begin your search by mounting up and leaving the safety of Elders' Square.
- Shadowy Figure yells: Your quest here is futile, paladin! This city shall spread death once again...
- The shadowy figure raises Charred and Tortured Skeletons before taking their leave.
Kill the group of skeletons and collect your first Holy Water from the nearby cache, then head to the first ziggurat straight ahead. The shadowy figure will summon some more skeletons, all of which you must kill before Osseine will be summoned.
- Shadowy Figure yells: Osseine shall grant you a swift death!
Use when Osseine begins casting its Bare Bones, which inflicts AoE damage. Osseine will also pick a random party member to use Bone Cage on, which stuns and causes shadow damage for 20 seconds. Bone Cage cannot be interrupted, but you can use if one of the NPCs was targeted.
Once the mob is dead, head inside the ziggurat to rescue your first paladin.
- Silver Hand Knight says: They swarmed us. I... I tried to fight, but... Thank you Highlord for saving me.
Head back out and be sure to loot your second Holy Water. Travel to the ziggurat west to continue your search.
- Shadowy Figure yells: You're too late to save your allies, paladin. Their souls fuel my army...
- The shadowy figure summons a pack of Decrepit Ghouls and disappears yet again.
Slay all the ghouls, but do so without pulling all at once unless you're a tank.
- Shadowy Figure yells: Take in the fumes of Pestulon and become one with my army!
Use on yourself or a fellow party member as needed when Pestulon uses its Pustule Plague ability. If Pestulon lives long enough to cast Summon Plague Zombies, be ready to focus the adds. Once the encounter is over, go into the ziggurat to rescue the second missing paladin.
- Silver Hand Knight says: It felt like my soul was being slowly ripped from my body. The necromancer, he... I must get to Grayson.
Head out once more and grab your third and fourth Holy Water nearby, then go through the portcullis to the north. Travel the northeast ziggurat on the map, where the shadowy figure will this time summon a pack of Rotting Geists. They don't hit as hard as the ghouls from before, so it should be safe to AoE them all down.
- Shadowy Figure yells: Feast on their entrails, Rotmouth!
Use to stop Rotmouth's Consume Rot, which heals the geist. Interrupt its Rotting Noose to prevent being stunned. Travel inside the ziggurat after dealing with the creature to rescue the final missing paladin.
- Silver Hand Knight says: It's over?! Is this real? Highlord, it's you... I... I think I can make my way back. Thank you.
Leave the structure and grab the remaining two Holy Waters in the area to progress to the next stage.
Stage 3: Return to Grayson
- Description: Return yo Grayson and give him the Holy Water
- Give Grayson the Holy Water
Return to Elders' Square and speak with Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker.
- Here's the holy water, Grayson.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: Excellent job recovering the water, Highlord. And you have my deepest thanks for saving my paladins.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: I'll apply the water to the barding. The rest, Highlord, lies with you and your weapon.
Stage 4: Imbue the Barding
- Description: Channel the Holy power through the artifact weapon onto the barding.
- Barding Imbued
Interact with the Blessed Mount Barding.
Stage 5: Ride to Rivendare's Crypt
- Description: Find Baron Rivendare's remains in his crypt at the hearth of Stratholme
- Rivendare's Crypt Explored
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: It is done! The barding is ready. Now we go to Rivendare's crypt to confront his specter.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker yells: MOUNT UP, PALADINS! WE RIDE!
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: They'll bring up the rear while we're inside dealing with Rivendare.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: Where is his body?! It should be here!
- Lord Grayson quickly checks another bone pile.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: Someone's taken it! This does not bode well...
- Raemien the Soultaker yells: LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?! HA HA HA!
Stage 6: Defeat Raemien
- Description: Kill Raemien the Soultaker
- Raemien the Soultaker Defeated
- Raemien the Soultaker says: You and your pathetic rabble will be added to my ranks of undead!
- Raemien the Soultaker says: I, Raemien shall spread the plague over this land once more and all will bow before me!
Interrupt the Drain Life, keep yourself cleansed, and free your party NPCs when they are stunned.
Final Stage: Speak With Grayson
- Description: When you're ready to leave, speak with Grayson and he'll see you returned to Light's Hope Chapel
- Speak with Grayson when you're ready to leave
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: The beast is bound, Highlord! The Light has favored us this day!
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: Let us reconvene at the Sanctum of Light. There you can bard the beast safely.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker says: When you're ready to leave, speak with me and I'll see to our safe return.
Speak with Grayson.
- Let me know when you're ready to return to the order hall, Highlord and I'll see to our safe return there.
- I'm ready to return, Grayson.
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker
- Defender Sterius
- Sunwalker Othros
- Phillip Stormwell / Tayen Steelhide
- Vindicator Dran'aan / Rasean Lightfall
- Fiona Stormwell / Alawa Wisebrace
- Kralgon Lightbeard / Guldek Stoneshield
- Thelsia Oakthorn / Melhen Lightfury
- Vindicator Edhri / Nalenn Heartreaver
- Raemien the Soultaker
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Added.