- For the World of Warcraft mob, see Stone Golem. For the Warcraft III creep, see Stone Golem (Warcraft III). Not to be confused with other golems made of stone.
The term "war golem" is used by both the dark irons and the iron dwarves for various types of their golems. The exact context, beyond that they are golems made for war, is unknown.
Stone golems can be either titan-made, or dark iron-made. Some titanic ones are newly made by (often corrupted) titan factories and constructs. Who or what produced them can usually be assumed by location. Some in Uldaman and the Badlands could be either, due to the presence of both influences. Some anomalies exist, such as Brutus, who has an unknown maker and serves the Bloodsail Buccaneers.
Cannon-wielding stone golems also exist. The dark iron dwarves seem to have expanded on the initial titan design, replacing the hands of some of their golems with cannons, and adding a cannonball magazine to their backs. However, the existence of one titan-made version was revealed in Sholazar Basin, the titanic Stormwatchers, calling the assumption the dark irons invented this modification into question.
The iron dwarves have created a similar type of golem made from the same type of iron that most things related to them are made of, the iron golem. However, some were seemingly left by the titans, and do not serve the nefarious iron dwarves.
The dark iron clan has recently made a new version of their golems, the dwarven golem, resembling a large dwarf made of metal. Units with this model were allegedly created centuries ago by the dark iron dwarves, and then abandoned. The earthen of Deepholm use similar-looking golems.
In the RPG
Relation to stone watchers
The secrets of constructing a stone watcher were lost long ago with the titans. Today, those who have located and studied stone watchers attempt to duplicate the stone watcher's superior techniques, but invariably fall short. Anyone wishing to construct a stone watcher only succeeds in creating a stone golem instead. This may refer to a generic golem made of stone.
- ^ WoW -> Insider -> Insider Interview (Retrieved 10-21-2010)
- ^ Model name
- ^ The Art of World of Warcraft, page 62
- ^ WoW -> Info -> Basics -> World Dungeons (Blackrock Depths) (Retrieved 10-21-2010)
- ^ WoW -> Info -> Basics -> World Dungeons (Uldaman) (Retrieved 10-21-2010)
- ^ Omnotron Defense System#Quotes
- ^ Magic & Mayhem, page 206