|This article concerns content exclusive to Shadowlands and is subject to change at any time as development progresses.
This article should only contain officially released content, such as beta and press release content. See Wowpedia's policy on posting unreleased content.
- This article is about the gargoyles from Revendreth. For the gargoyles from Northrend, see gargoyle. For the Stoneborn from Pandaria, see terracotta warrior.
The Stoneborn are gargoyles found in Revendreth. Carved by the Stonewright and infused with anima, the Stoneborn are vigilant soldiers that serve their venthyr masters with a sense of loyalty forged over a lifetime of fighting side by side. In battle, Stoneborn bludgeon their enemies with an array of martial weapon skills or use their unparalleled mobility to outflank them.
Notes and trivia
- Castle Nathria has a giant gargoyle statue atop it.
- Early in development, the artists weren't sure if the Stoneborn would wear armor at all or if they would just use a stone form for protection, as well as whether their arms and wings should be separate from each other. Both of the latter ideas made their way into the final design, with the bulkier males having wings and separate arms while the smaller females have wing-like attachments on their arms.
- Concept art
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment 2020-04-22. Shadowlands Preview: Revendreth and the Venthyr Covenant. Retrieved on 2020-04-23.
- ^ BlizzCon 2019: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands art gallery. Blizzard Watch. Retrieved on 2019-11-08.
- ^ Garth Holden 2020-07-23. A deep dive into Revendreth, the realm of the last chance. SA Gamer. Retrieved on 2020-07-25.