- "Stone does not bleed, tremble, sicken, or quaver."
Stoneform (or avatar) is a dwarven racial ability that has many effects without a downside. It reduces physical damage taken, so handy for melee attacking and tanking. It also rids you of all many types of debuff.
In the RPG
The Titans crafted the dwarves from stone to assist them in creating the Azeroth of today. Since this discovery, the Ironforge dwarves zealously search for any sign of their ancestors or the Titans. This newfound knowledge also unlocked enchanted energies of their heritage, enabling Ironforge dwarves to perform spectacular feats. The dwarves have rediscovered the power to return to their original forms, and turning skin to stone. They firmly believe that other powers are waiting to awaken within them; all they need is the key.
Removes all death knight diseases, such as , and Ebon Plague.
When used, triggers a 30-second shared cooldown with other PvP trinkets that breaks crowd-control effects.
Tips and tactics
- Stoneform is incredible against rogues, and effective for any class. With this skill, even warrior, hunter or rogue dwarves can dispel some of their debuffs, so it's a plus for soloing, especially when you are inflicted by Diseases that tend to last for 5 to 30 minutes.
- Since it removes bleeding effects it is very useful during some raid encounters where you take heavy bleeding damage and you would otherwise die. Example: Moroes in Karazhan.
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): When used, now triggers a 30-second shared cooldown with other PvP trinkets that breaks crowd-control effects.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now also removes magic and curse effects in addition to poison, disease, bleed effects, and reduces physical damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds (down from all damage taken). It remains unusable while the dwarf is under the effects of crowd control.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now reduces all damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor by 10%. It also increases the dwarf's size when used.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Stoneform no longer makes the user immune to poison, disease and bleed effects. Instead these effects will be cleared when cast. Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes from 3.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): is now a physical ability and cannot be removed with Stoneform.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Can now be used to cancel self-inflicted poison effects.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.
- ^ Through the Dark Portal, Stoneform
- ^ Arthaus. World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 35. ISBN 9781588467812.
- ^ Metzen, Chris; Bob Fitch, Luke Johnson, Seth Johnson, Mur Lafferty, James Maliszewski. Alliance & Horde Compendium, 31. ISBN 9781588460639.
- ^ Arthaus. Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 40. ISBN 9781588460714.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Monster Guide, 250. ISBN 9781588469366.